Monday, January 31, 2011

Roadside Assistance Albatross

It is Monday morning again!  How did the weekend zoom by us already?!

This weekend was actually quite enjoyable.  I really miss Sandy lately, so Friday night, I cooked up one of the best meals she has ever made for me!  It a flank steak with a Gorgonzola and shallot cream sauce.  It was to die for.  I, of course accompanied it with her famous roasted baby reds!  YUM YUM!

On Saturday, I went to my aunt and uncle's for breakfast.  My aunt Joanna has really been a calming force through all this TTC crapola.  She really keeps my mid off of things and keeps me grounded.  Of course she is also the mother to the cutest boy ever, Max.  Max is seriously one of the best children I have ever met.  He is well behaved, smart, polite, basically everything a parent strives to have their kid become.  I absolutely love spending time with him.  I like to think that he and I have a special bond.  Perhaps he felt like I needed a little extra squeeze because he wanted me to pick him up and snuggle him while the waffles were cooking.  It was just perfect.
We had a nice breakfast, I played Noah's Ark with Max while he took a bubble bath, and then he got out the V-Smile and played Pooh's Honey Hunt.



I was feeling pretty relaxed and content.  We had gotten a little bit of snow the previous night and I was a little nervous about getting my non four wheel drive vehicle out of their driveway.  When I went to leave, I wasn't getting much traction going forward, so I decided to back down the driveway.  I suppose this is the time I need to tell you that I am a HORRIBLE driver in reverse.  It is a miracle that I haven't gotten into an accident while backing up!  I went slightly (like three feet....) off the driveway and ended up in a snow bank.  Great.  I tried to give it the gas and then rock it, and nope.  It wasn't going anywhere. 
I honked the horn to let Joanna that I was obviously not going anywhere, and she came out to help.  We got the four wheeler out and decided to try and push the car.  We tried pushing it from the front bumper, we tried pushing it from the back bumper, and nothing.  I don't particularly like being outside in the winter time so I decided to play the girl card and call Roadside Assistance.  I mean, that is why I pay for it right?
I called them up, explained my embarrassing situation, and was then transferred to Bitchy Brenda.   This chick was either having the worst day on earth, or completely hated her job.   She was a complete pain the the kiester.  Brenda asked me if the road had been plowed that morning.  I told her it hadn't, but it was plowed last night.  She said, "Well, I am showing that road is not maintained and therefore we cannot assist you."  Serious?  "We cannot risk getting a wrecker drive stuck in the snow."  
 You are telling me a two ton wrecker cannot make it down a road?  I don't believe you, lady.
I was so furious that I hung up on her, only to have her call me back ten seconds later and ask, "Did you mean to hang up on me, Mrs. Kile?" 
Uh... sure did... CLICK.

I ended up having to call my mom and Ken to come and help push me out.  I was infuriated since I pay to have roadside coverage.  I did call my local office and filed a complaint.  Brenda for sure needs an attitude adjustment.  I did make it home safely and spent the rest of the day in my jammies.

I cooked a big french toast breakfast on Sunday and we watched the NHL All-Star game.  The Wild had two players in it this year!  Woot!  Robert fixed some tacos for dinner and we just chilled out.
Next weekend will be busy.  My friend's sixteen year old has her very first formal dance.  I will be on up-do patrol!

This post has taken me hours to write because today is beyond crazy at work!  I am hoping tomorrow's post won't take as long!

Have a good week!

~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment