Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Operation: Stop Smoking

I bit the bullet.

Dan and I decided that it was time to stop smoking.  Smoking has been my one awful habit.  I started when I was twelve and stopped getting carded at age fourteen.  Everyone in my family smoked so it made it really easy to get away with it.
I smoked quite a bit in my younger days, but I have cut back a lot.  I don't smoke in the house so thanks to the Minnesota Deep Freeze, it is too cold to stand outside and smoke.
I knew that smoking was bad for me and when I spoke to Dr. S about quitting while TTC, he said to just wait and let something implant so I didn't jar my system with trying to quit.  I didn't smoke nearly as much when were were TTC.

The past couple days, Dan and I both knew it was time to quit.  I am a good quitter.  I have done it lots of times.  I always come up with good reasons to have a cig and then I back pedal into full on smoking again.  Well, not this time folks.  I went to the store this morning and got some provisions:



I think I am ready now.  Wish me luck!
~Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I think this is a great idea and such an awesome thing you can do for your health! Crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It is actually really easy this time, so obviously I was ready! :-)

    ReplyDelete