Thursday, January 27, 2011

A sigh of relief

First and foremost, I revamped my page a little bit?  You like?  I am slowly learning how to personalize, customize, and do all the other "izes" to my page.  I'm just glad I was finally able to throw some pink in this bia!
So tax filing turned out not at all like I was expecting.  My employer had made a mistake on my W-4 and I was worried that Robert and I would have to pay in.  Our tax preparer was a complete tool and of course, we make too much money for any of the big marriage credits, but we got a rebate on our new roof!  I will definitely put that in the win column.  There was only one part where I thought I was going to strangle the tax preparer; the dreaded kid question.  Here is how the convo went down:

Tax Guy:  Do you guys have children?
Me:  No (I am sure my voice showed my disdain)
Tax Guy:  ::weird look on his face:: Oh.... that's a big deduction... ahahahah
Me:  Yes, I know that sir.  I have spent thousands trying to make that happen.
Tax Guy:  ::shifts nervously in his chair:: Well then, you should look into adoption.  You get a HUGE return then.

Really dude?  You think I am doing all of this for a tax refund?  I just wish people wouldn't find it so crazy, and off the wall when I say, "No, I don't have any children."  I mean, what if I was a person that never wanted kids?  What if I hated kids?  Or a person that has had TTC troubles and loss?  Oh wait, yea, that's me.  People need to think more before they speak.

The rest of it went without a hitch.  We are getting a tidy little refund and I think some new house projects are in the works for the spring.  Yea baby!

I got a work meeting that I should get ready for.  Have a good Thursday!
~Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Um, eff him for suggesting adoption. That pisses me off because doesn't he know we've considered all our options? I hate taxes, we always end up owing lots of money. Hopefully this year it will be better. I love the new look! How'd you get the cute fonts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! Like, "Oh thanks mister.... I never even thought of that!" Grr.

    For the fonts, go to your Dashboard section and at the top there is a thing called "template Designer" or customizer and when you click on that, you can customize all fonts! But you have to hit the button that says "Apply to Blog" after each thing you change so it will stick!

    ReplyDelete