Friday, January 21, 2011

Brrrr... it's cold up here... there must be some frost in the atmosphere!

It is diabolically frigid here in the Northland this morning.  The windchill makes it feel like it is -40 degrees.  ICK.  I had to bundle up like the Michelin Man to come to work.  Unfortunately, it is going to stay this cold all weekend! 

Day 3 of no smoking is going surprisingly well.  The only time I ever have the urge to smoke it when I am driving to and from work, and usually I pop a piece of gum and I am fine.  It also helps that I have been doing a lot of singing lately so I belt 'em out in my car.  I am sure there will be situations that come up and I will get stronger urges to smoke, but I am really ready to be done with all of this. 

I am treating myself to a pedi tomorrow at noon.  I need a little pick me up before the baby shower.   I am really looking forward to the shower since she is one of my good friends, but there is still that pit in my stomach.  It just gives me a knot and makes me slightly ill.  I am so looking forward to seeing her new baby and snuggling him (at least I am pretty sure it is a him, they don't want to find out) but I still get the ugly green monster of jealousy.  I know it is normal and okay to feel this way, but sometimes it really bothers me.  I can only hope that I can fake a huge smile and really make sure she has a good time.  Robert and I got her TONS of stuff.  I went a little overboard, but oh well.  I am sure she will like the stuff!

We are working with a skeleton crew in the office because some people are afraid to come out in the cold.
WHINERS! :-)
Well folks, duty calls!
~Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Hope your pedi was relaxing and turned out beautifully, and good luck with quitting smoking! You have a blog award at my blog if you want it! :)

    ReplyDelete