Monday, January 3, 2011

Insemination and spasms.

I have so much to tell you all and my mind is so scattered, I am hoping I can get it all out without having it be a jumbled mess!  Here goes nothing:

So Friday was the big day: Insemination.  I could barely sleep Thursday night because I was so excited.  I know Robert was too.  He and I were both nervous about having him make a "deposit."  I went to warm the car up and wait for him.  He came out and looked a little down hearted.  Let's just say that there wasn't a lot that he deposited.  I know he felt bad, but I knew we had to make the best of it.  I was just so excited that Robert finally got to meet Dr. S!

We went to the lab ASAP and dropped it off.  We waited about 45 minutes for the lab to finish processing it.  I was actually kind of nervous that there wasn't going to be enough for the procedure.  The lab tech came out and was all smiles.  Apparently Robert is Fertile Myrtle!  When you conceive via intercourse, only approximately 500,000 sperm actually make it to the egg.  For a more successful insemination, they hope for 20 MILLION sperm.  Robert's magic number?  109 MILLION!  I know it seems ultra weird to get to jacked about sperm (pun slightly intended) but I mean, 109 million have to count for something right?!

As for the procedure itself, it was quick and painless.  Although, you have to lay at an awkward angle and it was SUPER uncomfortable. (More on that later.)
After the insemination, Robert and I decided to have a nice weekday lunch together, which we never get to do.  We went to Famous Dave's and got our grub on!  Then we went home and decided to veg a little.  The weather was awful so there was no guilt over the laziness.  Oh yea, and I totally relented and the Bert bought his longed for PS3.  He was like a kid on Christmas that got a Red Rider BB gun from Santa.  He was content playing that so Dan and I watched the second Season of "True Blood", which I got on sale at Target for $14.99!  That is a steal.

I woke up Saturday morning and my back was on fire.  It was so sore.  I have an old back injury from my group home working days but this just seemed slightly different.  I figured I had just been in that weird position during the insemination and it was just sore.  I decided that I needed to walk it off so I called Mom and we decided to hit up the mall.  I got tons of stuff from the sale at Bath and Body and a shirt for $3, it was pretty much awesome.  I did feel my back start to kick up again though.  I decided that maybe the solution wasn't to "walk it off."

Sunday it was slightly better but I decided to take it easy.  I made my famous simmering spaghetti and Dan and I discovered that the 3rd Season of True Blood, was on demand for FREE!  That is the last season that Dan has yet to see so that worked out perfectly.  And my dog-girl loves True Blood snugglefests.  We share the couch and Granny's quilt and she is in heaven!



Now to the spasms; I woke up this morning and I could barely walk.  I literally thought I was having a stroke or something.  I woke Robert up and he slapped on an Icy Hot back patch.  I stuffed my heating pad in my work bag and went into the office.  I could barely stand it.  I called Dr. S and he wanted to see me just in case anything was wrong.  I went in for a quick ultrasound and thank goodness, it was nothing internal.  We came to discover that I have 3 spasming muscles in my back.  UGH.  It is a serious pain in the butt.  He prescribed me some muscle relaxers that are safe to take in case I am pregnant and I need to rest.  I think I am going to just park it on my sofa tonight and not do much of anything.  Of course that is hard to do when there is laundry to be done and dinner to make!  I think it may be frozen pizza night at our house!
When I went in to see Dr. S today, he did my progesterone blood draw.  I am still waiting for those results!  We won't know if the insemination was successful until next week sometime.  How am I supposed to wait that long!? Haha

Thank goodness I have a half hour left of work.  My back is about a 9 on the pain scale and I am ready to blow this popsicle stand. 

~Courtney

2 comments: