Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Insurance makes me crazy

I can't even begin to describe how nuts insurance really makes me.  I knew I would have a lot of work to do because I had so much done at the RE's office in December and I figured there would be some leg work.  We also switched providers and I was kind of thinking there would be some hoops to jump through.
I finally got all the bills together, and sent them in for reimbursement.  I was waiting patiently for the check when I got a letter from my HRA company that my claim was denied because I had failed to send in not only the bills, but the EOBs as well.  UGH.  I had specifically called them to double check what I needed to give them.  I was told to send my bills and a completed HRA reimbursement form.  So I did.  No one said anything about the EOBs.

Of course I have no idea where all those EOBs are, and I don't have time to scour the piles of junk mail that they are probably sitting in.  I had to log into my old insurance company's web page, print of all my EOBs from December (there was 11 by the way) and then fill out an HRA form for ALL 11 EOBs, scan it and email it to myself in a PDF and then FINALLY email it to the company.  Really?  That is a whole lot of rigmarole.

As I was adding up all the totals, and listing what they were for, it completely bummed me out.  It was almost $2000.  $2000 of failure.  $2000 of complete, and total let down, heartache, and pain. 
It is hard to look back and see what I had to put my body and emotions through, and then in the end, I didn't get my desired result.  My usual sunny demeanor is kind of taking a vacation today.  It may be because Robert and I are filing taxes tonight; and I am dreading it.  Last year, we had just started trying and our accountant and I talked excitedly about how I hoped I would be having to claim my first dependant this year, and how cool that would be. 
Now it is tax season again, and I still have no dependant to claim.  Even as I write today's blog, my cheeks are hot and there a few tears that threaten to leak out.  I even requested a different tax consultant.  I just don't want to answer the "How come you don't have kids yet?" question.
I just don't really want to deal with that today. 

I guess I will just have to learn that I will have good days and bad days.  Today is a downer day.  Tomorrow I am sure, will be better.

~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment