Tuesday, January 18, 2011

He surely does work in mysterious ways

Morning all,

I had such a great and relaxing long weekend.  I love having Mondays off.  I like them even better than Fridays off. 
With everything going on lately, I knew that I really wanted this weekend to just be as relaxing and carefree as possible. 

As a pick me up, my boss purchased me a gift certificate to get a massage at my favorite spa.  I made the appointment for Saturday.  If anyone out there has not had a professional massage, I would highly recommend it.  It is beyond wonderful and really makes you feel spectacular.  I knew that the massage therapist would ask questions about why I was there, and where was I hurting.  Even though I try and pinch it closed every day, that wound is still open.  The minute I began to answer her questions, I couldn't stop the couple of tears that spilled out.  I told her that we were having the worst time TTC and we had a loss, and that we had decided to take a break from trying.  There was something so calming about her.  I just couldn't put my finger on it.
She told me to strip down to where I was comfortable, and she would be right back to start.  Considering how many OB appointments I have had, I had no shame.  It was Au natural time baby. 
The massage was wonderful.  I felt all the tension and baby stress just leave my body.  Lindsay, the massage therapist and I got to talking, and that is where God stepped in.  She asked me more about the TTC and how I was feeling.  I told her that I was overwhelmed and feeling like a giant failure.  Lindsay then told me that she rents a space and does massage, especially for women in my situation.  Really?!  Is this an angel?! I almost teared up again.  She told me her sister in law had tried everything for years to get pregnant and had no luck.  She came to Lindsay to relax and after a few months, BAM.  She got her long awaited BFP.  Lindsay was so thoughtful and kind.  We decided that I would see her every other Saturday to get an hour long massage.  And she is even cutting me a deal.  Can you believe it?  I can't wait to get a massage every other week.  How relaxing!  I know this will definitely take my mind off all this TTC shit.
Is it next Saturday yet?!

Robert and I had a lunch date after my massage.  It was nice to take an afternoon and hang out with my hubby.  We even picked out a baby shower gift for Ty and Meghan.  I already got her a ton of practical stuff, but I wanted to add a little outfit.  Robert picked out a little onesie T-shirt that has a picture of Yoda on it and it says, "Jedi in Training."  It is really adorable.

Joel came over and spent the night with us on Saturday.  I made some yummy steak fajitas for dinner.  We watched movies, and the boys "murked titties" (played games on the PS3) long into the night.  Yea, the murkin' titties thing freaked me out too but I guess it is totally acceptable gaming lingo.  Weird.
Sunday morning I made pancakes and spent the day in my jammies.  Sunday was the Golden Globes and award season is a big deal in the Kile/Brenning house.  Dan and I made homemade soft pretzels cheesy bacon dip.  I drank a bottle of di 'Asti and we watched Chris Colfer win his first Globe!  TEARS!

Robert and I both had yesterday off in honor of Mr. Martin Luther King Jr.  I cleaned and did laundry.  Robert relaxed in the man cave.  I am pretty sure I fell asleep at nine o'clock. 

Now I am back at work at it is crazy as ever!  Be good to me Week!  Don't be insane every day! :-)

Have a good Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment