Friday, October 1, 2010

Why do they always ask that?

Morning,

Why do people ask inappropriate questions?  And maybe not even in appropriate, but really personal questions.
Like I told you last night, Helen and I went shopping  in preparation for our girls night out.  And I did get an adorable outfit by the way!  I think I am going to look pretty smokin' tonight.  Anyhow, we ran into a friend of mine that I used to work with.  She is such a great girl.  She went through a messy divorce and has become even more cynical than she already had been.  We were making jokes and having a good time, when the dreaded question came up; "So when are you guys gonna have babies?"
Wah, wah, wah.
I have been asked that numerous times. Usually I make one of the following snide remarks:
"Us? Kids? Not right now!" ::insert awkward, forced laugh here::
"Maybe soon. We are just so busy."
"Oh please, and ruin this size 16 body?"
"Do you know how expensive kids are?!"

But this time was different. Ever since the miscarriage, that question feels like a TKO punch to my uterus. I would gladly take kids now, I welcome a busy life, how much more could I ruin a size 16 body, and I don't give two flying hoots about the money. I just want to be a good mother.

Once I got over the urge to toss my cookies, I just looked at her and said, "We are working on it. We had a rough month last month so...." She got the picture. I am sure she felt bad about asking, and I really hate that. I wish one of the lame excuses I give were actually true. I wish I didn't want this so badly, then it would make not having it all the more easy.

I did have a great time shopping shopping with Helen and getting a whole new outfit for tonight. (hide the receipts from Robert! haha) And I do have an amazing weekend to look forward to. Girls night tonight and Applefest with my family and friends tomorrow. I am sure I will be wiped out on Sunday.
We have 4 more days until Dr. Sebastian.......
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment