Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Weekend and the appointment

Oh my goodness! It has been a few days since my last post and I have so much to tell you!

I had a spectacular weekend! Robert and I went with my family to the Apple Fest on Saturday. It is my favorite weekend of the year. I mean, any excuse to eat cheese curds is OK in my book. I got a new purse, walked around, and really enjoyed the nice fall weather.
Sunday I went to my cousin Joshua's soccer game. They were playing the in championship.... and... THEY WON 1st PLACE! He was so proud and it was nice to see all the kids so excited about their accomplishment.
I am sure you are all waiting in suspense about yesterday. Well, I actually feel bad about being so worried.
I barely slept Sunday night in anticipation. My stomach was in knots and my brain was going a mile a minute.
When morning rolled around, I seriously felt like my feet were stuck in cold molasses. I just could not get the energy to move very fast. It was like my subconscious was waiting until the last possible second before I actually had to leave the house. And of course, in true Courtney Anna fashion, I had to make sure my outfit and hair was just right. I had to tease, curl, spray, accessorise, the whole chimichanga.
When I got there, the receptionist checked me and I then I had to do my least favorite thing; hurry up and wait. UGH.
When my name was called, I felt like I was going to dry heave. I knew I had to put my big girl pants on and get this done.
The waiting room smelled like rubbing alcohol and socks. I nervously played Frozen Bubble on my phone before I heard the knock on the door.
Dr. Sebastian came in and sat down. I was nervous and shaking but I was actually holding it together. That was until he started talking.
"So, you and your husband want to be pregnant and it just isn't happening huh?"
Cue the waterworks.
I started to bawl my eyes out and I expected him to just try to get me stop and let's carry on with the appointment, but he did the opposite. He reassured me that he was going to everything he could to make this happen for me and it was OK to cry and that I had nothing to worry about.
What?
So he isn't this big, scary male gyno guy that I had dreaded for weeks? Was I starting to like him? Well sheesh.
He made me feel so comfortable and safe, and I didn't realize how much I actually needed that.
I was actually surprisingly comfortable during the exam too! Weird.
He decided to do an internal ultrasound, which is about as fun as it sounds.
There is a cyst on my left ovary, which I already knew was there. He wants to double check that and I will be tested for Poly Cystic Ovary (PCOD). It is fairly common and easy to treat. We aren't certain that is what it is, but at least it is nice to have an idea.
He drew some blood to check my estrogen/progesterone levels and to see if I am pregnant. I should get those results back today.
If I am pregnant, then great.
If not, then I would go back during the start of my cycle to see if the cyst has gone down at all. Then, he would start me on a round of fertility medications; either Clomid or Leprozole. The chances of multiples are higher with these medicines, but I am OK with that. At this point, I will do what it takes.
I left the appointment feeling better than I had in months. I felt at peace and finally like I was making headway.
Robert is being very supportive and nice with me. He rubbed my back last night and was just as excited about the results as I was.
So, I will hear about the blood tests today and either way, there will be forward motion.
I am keeping up the positivity today!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment