Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday comes in with fever.

Morning.
Ohmygoodness... I feel like death warmed over today. I woke up about a zillion times last night and each time I was sweating and hot and feeling like crap.
This morning is no better. I have lots to do today and don't really have time to be sick. Mondays are crazy at work and I have to work on Women Rock afterwards so there really is no rest for the wicked.
I bet you are wondering what Women Rock is. Well, Women Rock is an annual event to raise money for breast cancer research. After Sandymom was diagnosed in 2007, we submerged ourselves in everything and anything breast cancer related. Women Rock takes place at our ski lodge and it is basically a pampering day for women and all the proceeds benefit the research. There is shopping, facials, massage, a chocolate fountain, tattoos, a silent auction, and a fashion show. It really is a great event! I look forward to it every year but it is a lot of hard work to get it just right.
I have to meet with the organizer Bonnie tonight and finish the baskets for the silent auction. We have some good stuff this year!

The rest of the weekend was pretty wonderful. Saturday was spent with Helen and we basically vegged out. We got some chips and salsa, 2 bottles of wine, and SATC 2. EPIC WIN. Then at night we took my sister Lisa, who was in from out of town, to the bar see the band. Even though all the new medications make me nauseated, there was fun had by all. My sister over imbibed and she was hilarious. And nothing beats a 2am Perkins breakfast right?!
Sunday was the chill day, which I DRASTICALLY needed. I watched 7 episodes of "One Tree Hill" on the DVR (yes, inside I am still a teenage girl that is lusting over James Lafferty), snuggled with my dog, ate cereal for breakfast (which is about the only thing that agrees with my stomach) and watched the Vikes lose, yet again.
I hit the hay early and woke up with the flu. Ick-a.
Well, lots to do today, I should probably get to it!
~Courtney

1 comment: