Friday, October 22, 2010

Train Day

Hello all,

Today is Mandatory Fun Day at work. Obviously the economy has given the legal aid programs a 1-2 punch so we are in dire need of a morale booster. My office decided to close early today (which is my definition of fun) and go on a train ride up our beautiful North Shore. We are going to have lunch and play games and then get to go home afterwards... I love it.
All families of staff is welcome and everyone is bringing their kids. Now, this could have been a time where I get all bummed out and have an awesome pity party, but I decided to go the other route. I called my aunt and decided to take my favorite little guy, Max. My aunt and uncle had Max later in life and he will probably be their only child. He is funny, smart, and a real neat kid to be around. He loves trains and I cherish the time we spend together. I mean, when you don't have a kid of your own, you just borrow one right? :-)

I'm really looking forward to some R and R this weekend. My sister and niece are coming in from Hudson because my sister's friend is giving birth. She was kind of in the same boat as me so this is a really exciting birth. I am sincerely happy for my sister's friend.
Then tomorrow, I think my sister, Robert, and I will out and watch my friend's band play. Nothing makes the weekend better than 80's rock baby!
I must also find time to clean the bedroom. We have been so busy lately that it looks like my closet threw up everywhere, and I really cant stand that.
Well, it is back to the grind!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment