Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Putting on the big girl pants

Hello starshine.

I decided that after my round of complete, and utter sadness yesterday, that I would put on my big girl pants and start this morning off with a new attitude. I put on my fiercest make up, teased my hair to heights that Tawny Kitaen would be jealous of, pushed my chest out and greeted the world with a giant bravado. I walked confidently into my office and hopefully that toughness will stick with me all day.
I must confess though, taking the birth control today, in addition to the Metformin, really bummed me out.
I have a busy week this week so hopefully I can keep my mind off of things.
Robert and I have to go to a joint birthday party for his friends on the 30th. Both of his friends will be the Dirty 30 and it is going to be a costume party as well.
I decided to revive an old costume from my younger days and I will be going as Nurse Feelmeup. It is an oldie, but a goodie. And it is cheap. I already have the lab coat, all I need is a mini skirt and fishnets. CLASSY. :-)
Robert and I are going to try and take our minds off things and go shopping for the Halloween items tonight. I am making his favorite dinner, and then I think we are going to hunker in and watch the Wild. Thank God for Mikko Koivu.... he is a fox!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment