Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Update: Blood Work

How do doctors seriously expect you to be patient? I have been on pins and needles, waiting for Dr. Sebastian's office to call.
Well, when my phone was lacking on the ringing department, I just sucked it up and called.
First off, his nurse is wonderful. I am sure she was irritated that I busted up her planned afternoon and wanted to horn in on my results.
So here is what I know:
My estrogen and progesterone levels are extremely low, which is why there has been no successful buns in the oven and why I couldn't sustain the implantation from last month.
My hemoglobin A1C is in the normal range.
My insulin level was off. My doctor told me that from the ultrasound, I could have the poly cystic ovary syndrome, which I mentioned before. The insulin level suggested that PCOS was the culprit of my infertility. I am a little bummed out that there is an actual barrier to my family expansion, but it is nice to actually have an explanation.
Our first part of out attack plan is to start me on a drug called Metformin. Metformin is a drug that is usually prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes but it is also used to treat PCOS, which is caused by an insulin resistance.
Then, I need to go back in between day 2-4 of my cycle to have another internal ultrasound and see what is going on with those ding dang cysts! I already scheduled that appointment for Oct. 18th. My cycle has been pretty regular so that should be about day 3 of my cycle.
After the ultrasound, I will be starting on either Clomid or Leprozole.
I can already tell that this will be a crazy ride, but I am willing to take it. I will take all the good thoughts I can get right now!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment