Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finally... some peace.

I woke up this morning, and actually felt at peace and rested.  I guess I didn't realize how worried I was about this fertility issue.  Learning of my hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) and my insulin resistance, has really made my entire life make sense.  I have spent the better part of a year, working out, dieting, and basically trying to cut my excess tummy weight.  I have never had the best of luck with it, and now knowing this new information, I can finally start accomplishing my goals.  When someone is insulin resistant, it makes cutting the weight very difficult.  Hopefully with the Metformin, I can finally look as healthy as I feel.
The doctor said this could have been diagnosed when I was 14 and the first cysts were discovered.  Better late than never I guess. 
Going to Dr. Sebastian has finally given me hope and piece of mind.  I feel like there is hope now.  I know God has a plan for Robert and I and I know He will bless us with a beautiful child.

I am really glad that Robert and I told dad and Sandy what was going on.  It is such a relief to have someone to talk to and celebrate this small victory with.  I know they are really positive about this and considering this good news.  I know for most people, PCOS is a huge blow to them and they think their options are closed, but that couldn't be farther from the truth.  There is a lot of things one can do to combat this gnarly issue.  I am hoping that I can get to know more women struggling with this same issue and possibly help them.  I think most people take having children for granted.  I would think that  people would appreciate the gift of life.  For some of us, it is not easy and the fact that there are people everywhere taking it for granted, makes me irritated.
I guess I am rambling slightly this morning, but just forgive me.  I am kind of giddy about my options and about finally sleeping through the night!  I feel like I could run a marathon!  OK, not a marathon, more like a 5K, but still..... I feel great nonetheless......
~Courtney 

No comments:

Post a Comment