Monday, October 11, 2010

I could have slept for a zillion more hours

Here I am, back at work. Another week is upon us. I am dragging butt today. Robert spent most of the weekend snoring and then I was up early to start Sunday dinner yesterday so I feel like I barely slept.
I am adjusting slightly to the Metformin. I am still only taking it at night but starting Wednesday, I will start taking a half tab in the morning in addition to my nighttime dose. And of course, my favorite overly helpful coworker and attorney extraordinaire Lynn, has decided one way to help is to have me eat 10 prunes a day. Yep. 10 of them. Now, I actually like prunes, one or two of them. I find eating 10 of them is pretty difficult. Thank goodness I brought soy nuts today to cut the prune-yness. Blech.

The weekend was pretty good. Dan and I went estate/rummage saling on Saturday. The first few were busts, but then we found some Japanese wood bowls that we can use for entertaining and a meat mallet that is hot pink! I couldn't pass it up! And it was $.50! WIN.
We were driving home and saw a sign for another rummage sale. It was on the way so we decided to stop... pretty sure this old guy was a crazed serial killer. He had a bunch of girl's bathing suits, dirty pillow cases, and the most random assortment of crap. Like these little delights:



Seriously? Donald Trump had a game? Weird. And this aerobic chick? Apparently she was big on "General Hospital" in the '80's. HAWT.

Sunday was pretty mellow. Robert mowed, I cooked a big roast dinner, Dan and I watched "Iron Man 2" and vegged with the dog. My dog is an 8 year old Pitbull named Eve, and she is my little honey. She is the opposite of what people think pitbulls are. She is loving, and wonderful, and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I mean, come on! Look at that face:


Hopefully the work day goes fast and I can get outta here and relax tonight. Mondays are hectic at work and today is no exception. I am cranking the Ipod way up today. Thank God for David Coverdale....
~Courtney



No comments:

Post a Comment