Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday and

I can't believe I missed Terrific Tuesday yesterday!  It goes without saying that I was insanely busy.  On the other hand, it isn't like I have any readers left out there!  I must've lost some.  Sad. :-(

Anyhow, if there is anyone out there, this is what I am loving this week.



Tuesday night picnics on the pier! This is one of the reasons I didn't have time to post yesterday.  Robert and I are saving up for our trip to North Carolina and Sully's 1st birthday extravaganza so we have been doing fun, free family things.  Last night we packed a picnic and ate it in the park by the pier.  There was a ship that came in, lost of birds and kids and lots of things for Mr. Curious Sully to look at.  The weather was perfect.  Dinner was delish.  We had such a great time.
Here is another shot of Mr. Sully sitting in the Life Bridge art:



Look at those chubby knees!  I love it!




Love love love Pandora!  I love making my little Quick Mixes on Pandora and then rocking out to the most schizophrenic garble of music ever. I am currently jamming out to a little BSB and N*Sync.  Yep, I am a teen again.  Sadly, I still know all the lyrics.




I know I have loved them in a previous Terrific Tuesday post, but I can't help it.  Sons of Anarchy Season 5 starts in less than two weeks.  On September 11, I will be doing three things:

                               1.  Remembering the Tragedy of 9/11
                               2.  Sending birthday wishes to Heather's son on his 1st Birthday!
                               3.  Watching the Sons premiere and loving every second.




We will be spending another fun filled weekend in Hinckley this weekend!  There is a carnival, pony rides and a pancake breakfast.  I can't wait to relax and have fun with my family and my boys!



The Nuby No Spill sippy cup.  This is the best sippy cup on the market.  It is so easy for Sully to use.  Most sippy cups say they are no spill, but this one lives up to the hype.  IT is super easy for Sully to hold and he really enjoys himself.
The sippy in use:




Now, one thing I am not loving.....

boys,celebrations,children,kids,males,parties,persons,pillows,popcorn,slumber parties,special occasions,talking
Sully is going on his first overnight away from me.  I am freaking out a little.  Even in the hospital, I never left.  He has never spent a night away from me.  Like I said before, we are going to stay at my mom's in Hinckley this weekend, which is, as you can see, a little away from Duluth:



My mom called me yesterday to tell me she is coming into town on Thursday night and asked if she could take Sully back with her on Thursday since we were coming down there on Friday anyhow.  My mom did watch Sully while we were at work after my leave for his second surgery, but overnight AND like 70 miles away.  It was a hard pill to swallow.  My initial answer thought was a firm, "No."  I wasn't ready.  I could tell my mom was a little hurt about it so I told her I would think on it.  I talked to Robert and to a couple of my other friends that are moms.  Surprisingly, most moms let their babies stay overnight when the babies were really young!  I was kind of shocked.  Although, none of these babies have their chests sawed open twice in on year either. :-) 
Before Sully's valve went in, I had a valid excuse on why I didn't want him to be away from me. He only had a shunt and was being checked with an oximeter.  Now that he is fixed and there is nothing wrong with him, I am kind of out of excuses.
After a big cry and another talk with Robert, we decided to let him go stay overnight with grandma and grandpa.  I am sooooooo nervous.  I know he will have a great time and be spoiled rotten, but I have never spent a night away from him.   Oh Lord, help me get through this. Our friends are taking us out for dinner and martinis to take my mind off of it.  How did you all handle your first night away?

Well, I suppose I better get some work done! Have a great Wednesday!

Courtney


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try that sippy cup because Oliver hates them!!!

    I hate that you're going to be one state away from me for your trip but we're moving before you come. Shoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That sucks! But hey, maybe you'll like it with us Northerners. :-)

      Delete