Thursday, August 23, 2012

What's on good old Pandora today?

It seems like every time I turn on Pandora at work, I also think, "I should blog."  Pandora apparently brings out the writer in me... or maybe it is just the oversharer.  Today it is a lot of John Mellencamp.

Anyhow, I am glad I am able to squeeze out another post.  I feel badly for not posting as often as I did.  I am sure you were all hoping for some philosophical and heady post, but sadly, this may be more of a rambling-can't-form-a-smart-sentence kind of post.  Bear with me.

Lately, work has been bananas.  You're probably thinking, "Wow... not the first time we have heard that," and you are totally right.  It seems like being a nuthouse is now the norm.  Obviously, as a legal aid program, we are always busy, but the past six months have been a completely different story.  I will be so busy that I will look up a the clock, notice it is 3pm and realize I haven't even peed yet.   On top of my day to day items, the United Way fundraising season starts in a few weeks and then Women Rock is already on the horizon for November 3 and then BAM.. Sully will be 1 on November 14th!  WTH!?  Where has this year gone?!  Looking at my outlook calendar makes me wanna yak.  I literally am busy every single weekend until the middle of October, and then I only have one weekend with no plans and then it is insanity again until the end of the year.  This is insane.  I do feel better because we nailed down a date for Sully's 1st birthday party.  We are having it on Sunday November 11.  I am already in full planning mode.  I am going HUGE with it.  We are doing a giant Bubble Guppies cake, with a personal smash cake for Sully in the shape of Spongebob Squarepants' pineapple house, centerpieces, games, goody bags, candy sushi, and lots of other neat things.  Most of it is thanks to Pinterest. :-)  We have a guest list of almost 50 and the menu planned to a tee.  Leave it to an IF mom to plan a crazy birthday party. :-)

I am like a kid on Christmas waiting for my dad to get here.  He will be here tomorrow and I can barely contain myself.  I scrubbed my house from top to bottom yesterday.  I am already a neat freak so it was no fun for Robert, who had to bear the brunt of my craziness.  He never understands my need to clean everything when the house is already clean. I wish he would just understand that I love the house to be perfect when we have guests and yes, I am a person that would judge other people's houses, so if someone is going to judge mine, I want it clean.  I realize that there are some people out there like, "Oh, when you're a mother, you waste time cleaning and blah blah blah," and there are even kitchy signs that say, "Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep.  I am rocking my babies and babies don't keep."  Things like this imply that a tidy house means that I am a crappy mom... um.. negative, ghost rider.  Does that mean the messier the house, the better the mom?  I don't believe that for a second.  My son goes to bed at 7pm.  That gives plenty of time for cleaning.  And how about during nap time?  Pick up a mop, folks.  A clean house is a happy house. :-)  I love knowing that my dad is coming to visit and nice, clean, comfortable house.  I can't wait.

I love that Sully is getting better at feeding himself.  He is so good at using him thumb and pointer to pick up little snacks and food.  He loves feeding himself.  My baby boy is growing so fast. We are also working on pulling up.  He isn't doing that yet and I am convinced it is because he is lazy.  He can stand just fine when I hold on to him and when HE wants to and when HE feels like it.  He needs to start doing it though, so we are taking any tips or tricks if you gals have any?

Well, this post is really going nowhere and work has overwhelmed me yet again and I have completely lost my train of thought.  I couldn't post without a picture of Sully James so here is one from last night.  Robert was mowing and Sully was having a snack and watching him out the dining room window:



He loves puffs. :-)

Happy Thursday!

Courtney and Sully

1 comment:

  1. I seriously love/hate Pinterest because I have gotten so many awesome birthday ideas off of there! Enjoy your time with your dad. Mr. Sully is adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete