Thursday, August 16, 2012

We were shinin' like lighters in the dark in the middle of a rock show

I am listening to Jake Owen on Pandora, thus the title of today's post. :-) 

Today is a great day. No particular reason; it just is.  I have air in my lungs and brains in my head. I have a healthy son, a wonderful and wonderfully sexy husband.  Sons of Anarchy Season 5 starts in a few weeks.  Today is my Friday.  The sun is shining. I get to spend the weekend relaxing and being spoiled. Pandora is playing fantastic jams this morning.  I am down 3lbs.

What you grateful for?

I think sometimes in this world of baby loss, IF and pure chaos that is our world lately, we tend to focus on the negative. We forget that there are so many things to thank God for.  I am sure everyone can think of at least three things that make them feel blessed.  Have you tried lately?  Like I said, it is so easy to let all of your mole hills turn into mountains.  I have even found my anxiety coming back because I have been turning everything into Mount Everest and even making peaks where there was no reason for one to be there. 

I let my anxiety and "OMG.. what if X happens?" make me feel nuts lately.   I need to stop that.  I need to stop worrying that the bottom is going to fall out.  I need to stop thinking about the worst.  I have already lived through the worst.  I need to trust that He will keep his eye out for us, just like He has been. 

I had a long discussion with Robert about it the other day, and it was really helpful.  I don't wake up a billion times in the middle of the night just to make sure Sully is breathing.  I check on him before I go to bed, and then I allow myself to get much needed sleep as well.  I am by no means becoming a worry free mom, but I am allowing myself to relax a little.  I am taking the time to appreciate everything instead of worrying about the what ifs.  Sometimes I get so envious of people who will never know this worry.  People who will just go on, oblivious to the "coulda beens."  On the other hand, I am glad that they can go on naive and never have to feel those twangs and guilt and fear.  I am slowly learning to let go and enjoy my blessings.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me."  John 14:1

Enjoy your Thursday ladies.  Be grateful.  Take a minute to appreciate everything.  Look around.  You're so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. My hubby would be so proud that you're on the SOA countdown as well.

    So very glad that things are going well and that Sully is completely healthy now! Really, hard to believe considering where y'all were just even six months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, I am a lucky girl! I needed your post today, thanks for the reminder to appreciate everything and to not worry so much! :)

    ReplyDelete