Monday, August 27, 2012

Spectacular weekend and 9 month picture blowout!

How the hell is it Monday already?  I was really enjoying the weekend and it was a fight to get out of my bed this morning.  The shower barely woke me up.

We had a freakin' great weekend!  My dad was in town from Raleigh and it was a blast.  He stayed with us too, so we got a lot of time to just hang out and talk.  He was able to enjoy Sully's uber cuteness in the morning and even be there at bedtime.  My brother Nick was around all weekend too and that was great.  We spent Friday night having cocktails and eating yummy takeout.  We didn't go to bed until after 1am, and for me, that is LATE!  On Saturday we lounged around in our jammies until almost noon and did a little shopping.  We had my grandma's 80th birthday dinner on Saturday night and it was a little chaotic.  WE have six kids there and ten adults.  Luckily, we had a great server and she got a nice tip. 
Saturday night, Sully was tired and went to bed as soon as we got home and me, Robert, Nick and my dad whooped it up a little. :-)  I have not really had a ton to drink since becoming pregnant with Sully, but on Saturday, I definitely over imbibed... I am still paying for it today.  It was a ton of fun though.  We talked about everything my politics, my brother's time in Iraq, MySpace, and the price of groceries.  I miss being able to do that with my dad on a regular basis.

On Sunday, we had my grandma and my aunt over for a BBQ.  I made some tasty burgers.   Then of course, the fun always has to end and my dad packed up to catch him flight.  I always tell myself that I am going to be super tough, but the minute he walked out the door, I started crying.  He is the best, coolest, most awesome dad in the world and I hate that he is so far away. 
After everyone left, Robert, Sully and I just hung out, played toys and snuggled.  Sully has been eating a ton lately.  I think he is going to go through another growth spurt.  Oh!  And I forgot to tell you, he did two little crawls on Sunday morning!  I swear, he is the laziest kid.  He was playing in his room and we kept putting his monkey toy just slightly out of his reach. He whined and grunted and then finally pulled himself to the toy.
After that, he was looking at me like he was so tuckered out from making him get his own toy... it was a little pathetic.  Hahah!

Now, time for the 9 month photo blowout! 

We picked up Sully's picture CD on Thursday.  I use Shutterfly to do all my printing, but I needed some for my grandma's birthday so ::barf:: we had to go to Walmart... (don't even get me started...)
I hope you all can handle the cuteness:



Mama, I hate this beach....




Baby Feet. :-)




Dad, I am sooooooo over this whole picture taking thing.










Ahh... Manny... we meet again...




Sully and Manny.. best buds!







My boy is just too cute! :-) :-)




Say what!?



Happy boy!



He is lost in thought....

I hope you liked 'em!  Have a great Monday ladies! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment