Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Terrific Tuesday

Hello and Happy Tuesday!  Sully Monster was sick yesterday so we spent the afternoon cuddling, napping and watching Sons of Anarchy.  It was a wonderful time had by all. :-)  I am loving lots of things today so let's get this started!




The NoseFrida.  Listen ladies, if you don't own this yet, pay the $14 to Amazon and buy it.  It is the BEST suction thing for your baby's nose.  Now, it is parent powered, which means, yes, you use your mouth and suck out the gunk BUT there is a filter and the snot never actually touches your mouth. The bulb syringe sucks and I never thought it helped at all.  Then a friend told me about the Nosefrida and I have used it ever since.  It is no fun watching your baby suffer and you know you would be doing anything you could to make them feel better.  This thing rocks!


There is no picture for this one, but I am loving it nonetheless.  Recently, Kristine and I have been corresponding about Sully and his heart condition.  Kristine's daughter Cora passed away in 2009 due to an unidentified heart condition. Most heart conditions can be found by doing a simple pulse oximetry test. Not all states mandate this test. If should be mandatory in all states.  It is so easy and non-invasive.  All parents should request it be done within 24-48 hours after birth.  It saved Sully's life.  Now, I have sent Kristine a write up of Sully's story and it was posted to her website.  It was super emotional for me to write it all out, but I am glad that it is out there.  Check it out:

http://babyheartscreening.com/family-stories/sullys-story/





I cannot say enough about Children's.  I will always be grateful to them for everything they did for Sully and my family. Recently, there was a news story about a nurse from Children's that was at a pool for an outing with her family and a four year old boy almost drown.  This nurse acted quickly and saved his life.  It was amazing. 





The ScanLife app.  I really can't get enough of it.  The grocery store I shop at started using this and I don't have to cut coupons anymore!  You scan the square before you shop and it will tell you a three digit code.  You tell the cashier that code when she is ringing you up, and it takes all the coupons off for you. How awesome is that!?  And the app was free for my droid!  WINNING.




I got this recipe off Pinterest and I made homemade fruit snacks yesterday!  This is not a photo of the ones I made, but you get the idea.  I made a double batch and it was awesome!  Here is the recipe:

2/3 cup of frozen juice concentrate, thawed
4 envelopes of Knox gelatin

Pour  the juice concentrate in a small sauce pan.  Sprinkle the Knox over the juice and let sit for a minute.
Put the pan over medium heat and stir until the knox is thawed. Our the mixture into silicone ice cube trays and let sit for at least 20 minutes.  You can speed this process up by putting them in the fridge.
Enjoy!  They taste better if you use a really flavorful juice.  Apple juice tastes like crap though and lemonade doesn't harden the same way.




I would be so sad without Netflix.  I am gearing up for the Season 5 premiere of Sons of Anarchy in September so I am rewatching seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix.  I own Season 3 and then I am buying Season 4 when it comes out at the end of the month.  I am so excited.  I am kind of a freak about this show and I need to quit drooling over Charlie Hunnam.

Well, I hope you all have a great Tuesday!  I know I will!

Courtney



2 comments:

  1. Your story was so amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us! You guys have been through so much...wow. I am totally making those snacks, they look delicious and I'm sure Aiden would love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Im hoping it will help other moms out there! And yes, the fruit snacks are tasty! They're kind of chewy, but really good!

      Delete