Sunday, May 27, 2012

Feels like home to me...

It feels so amazing to be back home. I love my own smells & my own comforts. I'm elated that Sully is back in his own environment.
It has been quite a struggle to get Sully back in his routine. Last night was really hard. We were so used to Sully finishing his puree & 4 oz breast milk bottle around 7:30pm & then going to bed & sleeping until 6am.
Our first night home, Friday, he didn't fall asleep until late & then he was up from 3am - 5am, then again at 6am. Then last night, he went to bed at regular time & then was up most of the night. He would sleep for about 45 minutes & then it would take us about an hour to get him back to sleep, only to sleep for a half hour. I am exhausted. I looked for signs that he was in pain or something, but he didn't appear to be. It was just like he was crabby. When he woke up yet again at 4am, I gave him some Tylenol. I also gave him a little prune juice in case he was constipated.
Each time he woke up, it seemed that he wanted to eat. He was sucking back the bottles last night. Maybe he is making up for the days he couldn't eat, but man! He is eating like a football player!
Now that he is 6 months, he's eating puree in the morning & at night & I thought his breast milk intake wouldn't be as ravenous, but I was wrong! Haha! Good thing I pump a zillion times a day. :)

We also started him with pears yesterday. His reaction was hysterical! Every time I gave him a bite, he would laugh out loud! I guess he loves pears! Mama can really cook. :) We're trying squash tomorrow. We're really building up his little palate. And yes, I still make all his food. :)

He ate some of those tasty pears tonight & chugged 5oz & is currently sleeping; let's hope it stays that way!

I'm also thinking positive thoughts for 2 of my bloggy girls who are currently TTC! One for baby #2 & one for #1! Go ladies, go! I'm thinking of you, praying & sending lots of baby vibes! :)

Good night. :)

Courtney


2 comments:

  1. Maybe Sully is going through a growth spurt and that's why he wants to eat all the time? You are probably right, he's making up for lost time! LOL So glad you are home and doing well. It's always better to be back where you are comfortable. Hope you guys have a better night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited that y'all are home!!!!! Hopefully you've had a few better nights since you last posted.

    ReplyDelete