Friday, May 18, 2012

Sully Update

Hey everyone!

Well, Sully is still intubated. We were hoping that they could extubate him today, but the doctors said he wasn't ready.
He's got a little fluid in his chest, which is normal, but he wasn't peeing enough to get rid of that fluid. His blood pressure was a little low too & they think that the low blood pressure was causing him not to pee, so they gave him some epi to get his blood pressure going. They also gave him lasix to help him drain fluids.
He responded very well to both meds & started peeing via his catheter!
They are keeping him sedated until tomorrow & we'll try & extubate tomorrow. He was really wiggly in between sedatives so that was a good sign.

Now, that's the technical update; I need to vent a mama update.
Ladies, this is killing me. I am so strong when I'm with Sully, & in private, I'm a complete wreck.
Last night, he started waking up a little bit & his mouth was moving like he wanted to cry & then big tears started to steam down his face. It was heartbreaking. All I could do was stroke his leg & tell him I love him.
I went to our Ronald McDonald room & bawled.
All I want to do is snuggle him in my arms & never let go. But because he is still intubated, I can't even hold him.

Well, I just stopped for a quick snack & to update everyone. Please continue to send us prayers. I will update again tomorrow.

Sleep well all & remember to always be grateful for your life. :)

Courtney

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure he misses you holding him just as much as you do. So sorry this is such a difficult time for you. Try to think of the future, how much better and healthier he is going to be! Imagine him crawling, saying "mama" and all those fun things! Praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete