Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Has it really been a week?

I am so mad at myself!  I can't believe it has been a friggin' week since I posted last.  I told myself I was going to be more diligent about this and I completely slacked off.  I suppose I shouldn't get too down.  Work has been an insane mad house this week and with the potential of a State government shut down looming over us on Friday, my stress is warranted.  Working for a nonprofit that receives state funding is a tough place to be in right now.  If the government shuts down on Friday, our money stops and we have to start eating through our reserves.... which is basically nil.  Send us Minnesotans some positive vibes!

Anyhey, enough about crazy politicians; how is everyone doing?

Things over here are right on track.  I have been feeling the first movements of the baby, which is pretty awesome.  I cried the first time.  We have our A/S on July 18th, and we are really excited to find out if it is gonna be blue or pink!  I have a gut feeling that Baby K is a girl, but we shall see.  The Zofran is still working wonders and I am so thankful to all of you out there that recommended it.  It is a lifesaver.
We also got the results of our blood work back and baby tested negative for Downs, Trisomy disorders and neural tube defects, etc.  It was just another milestone of relief.  Sometimes I still can't believe that we are now 18 weeks along and everything is going to smoothly.  I am thankful every day for that. 

It is pretty humid in my town today and Robert is going to have to lug the AC unit up to the bedroom tonight.  I am sick of being sticky and hot! 

I am feeling that pregnant lady glow thing and I think I am looking pretty smokin' hot lately.  I am rockin' the maxi dresses and sandals.  I haven't had any swelling, which rocks.  I have been making sure to drink lots of water and walking a lot.

I am lovin' life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment