Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Did you really just eat my burrito?

Steak Burritos.  Yummy, grilled steak burritos. 
I have literally craved those every second of this pregnancy.  They are really the only food that hasn't made me gag and turn up my nose.  When we make them at home, I can eat four of them; no problem.  And when we go down to the Cities this weekend to see my in laws, I am going to my favorite burrito place, Chipotle.  We don't have a Chipotle in Duluth and it really saddens me to my very core.  How am I supposed to satisfy my burrito craving without a Chipotle?!
I guess basically, I need to get the point across that I seriously love burritos.  That is a background for today's post.
This pregnancy has brought on all kinds of vivid dreams.  Usually they are nightmare/slasher dreams and I wake up SUPER scared and sweating.  I have always suffered from night terrors and vivid nightmares, but I couldn't imagine how much this pregnancy would intensify them.  Over the past two weeks, I have had a nightmare every night.  Usually, they are reoccurring dreams I have had before and it is like my body is playing them over and over, one by one.
Last night was a whole new kind of trauma.

Last night I had a dream that I was at an AWESOME burrito place, and I was entering a burrito eating contest.  This burrito is called the El Macho and weighed like 4lbs!  (I told you.. my dreams are crazy!)  At this point, I was hugely pregnant and a shoe in for the winner.  Then, out of nowhere, my husband decides to enter the competition; just to spite me!  As the contest starts, I take an easy lead and know that I will be victorious.  As we are about to finish, Robert eats the rest of his burrito, two freakin' bites ahead of me, making him the winner!  How could he do this to me?! I was beyond angry.  After the contest was over, he started taunting me about how he was the best burrito eater in the world, and how I didn't deserve to eat burritos.  WTF?!
When I woke up, part of me was actually angry with him! Haha.. I looked over at him, sleeping soundly, and I remember thinking, as I walked to the bathroom, "You burrito eating bastard!"

When I told him about the dream this morning, my loving Robert reassured me that he would never make fun of my burrito consumption, and that all burritos were mine for the taking. :-)  (Thank goodness!)

Hope my craziness gave you guys a chuckle this morning!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment