Monday, June 20, 2011

Does this make me a sellout?

I have seen other moms fill out these surveys online and I always told myself that surveys were dorky, and a waste of time.  You become very cynical when you are TTCAL and I didn't want to be "that pregnant lady" when it finally was my turn. 
Now that I am am with child, I am singing a different tune.  I want to do all the nerdy things that I told myself I wouldn't do.  This survey, is by far the nerdiest:

How far along?  16 weeks, 2 days. Being in the double digits and in the second trimester, gives me a little stress relief.
Weight gain/loss: I lost almost 10 lbs in my first trimester and I am slowing working on getting that back.  I am about 3 lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight.  Obviously I am a bigger girl and I am not just gonna pork it on.
Maternity clothes?  Some.  Like I said, I am a bigger girl so my normal clothes are still going to fit.  I do have some maternity shirts and pants (Secret Agent pants... I love 'em) and I find them to be more flattering and comfortable.  I also had to invest in the maternity bras.  My tatas are GIGANTIC right now and I swear, they weigh 600lbs.
Stretch marks? Yep.  I have a big scar of my stomach from botched phyloricstenosis surgery when I was 12 days old and then I had the scar revised in 2007.  Since that is mostly scar tissue under there, it doesn't have a lot of give anymore.  The stretch marks have formed around the scar, almost making it look like an eye.  It is kinda creepy, but I am pregnant so it is kind of expected.
 Sleep?  I toss and turn sometimes and I wish I didn't have to get up at 5am every day for work. :-(  Maybe law firms should open at 11am...
Best moment this week?  I will be happiest after my appointment today and I can hear that heartbeat!Food cravings:  Steak burritos... we all know how I feel about them. :-)
Gender:  I am about 99% sure Baby is a girl... we will know in less than 4 weeks!
Belly button in or out?  In... thank goodness....
Movement?  I think I felt baby once last week, but it is still kinda early.  I can't wait to feel it all the time!What I miss?  The only thing I really miss is sleeping on my tummy.  I have this feeling that it would make my back ache less. :-)
What I’m looking forward to:  Being a mom.  Some people know exactly what they were put on earth to do, and I was put here to be a mother.
Milestones:  Every day that my pregnancy goes smoothly and healthily, is a milestone. I am thankful every single day for every day.

Ok, I suppose that wasn't too dorky.....

~Courtney

1 comment: