Wednesday, June 22, 2011

16 week check up




Morning all!

Yesterday was allegedly the first day of summer, but here in Northern Minnesota, it was barely 45 degrees and raining cats and dogs. I am not in a very summery mood when the weather is so crappy. Andddddd we have an exact repeat of yesterday's weather today.  How depressing does this look:




I am in dire need of some sun!

I did have a little ray of sunshine on Monday when I had my quick 16 week check up.  I always get nervous before my appointments.  I know in my heart that everything is fine, but there is always that chance that it isn't and I just get nervous.
Robert couldn't leave work so Debbiemom came with me.  Dr. S was delivering babies so I had to see the nurse practitioner.  All my vitals were perfect.  My weight gain is right on schedule. Mom is one healthy sacred vessel!  
The NP put the Doppler on my stomach and I held my breath.  After a few seconds (which to me felt like hours) I heard that strong heartbeat coming through.  I got an instant lump in my throat and felt relieved.
She said the baby is right on schedule and everything was wonderful.  Next up:  Our 20 week appointment where we will learn if we have a baby girl or a baby boy!
We were going to try and schedule it for on or around July 14th (Robert's 30th birthday!) but sadly, Dr. S is booked until July 18th.  :-(  I was kind of bummed because we were gonna do this big surprise for his friends at his party, but we decided to take the morning off of work and sleep in and just relax before we go.  I am very excited to finally register and start buying all the things that this little one will need. 

It is finally my turn......

-Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment