Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sea Bands and Blue Oil

I bit the bullet yesterday.  I have a doctor's appointment on Monday afternoon, but I couldn't wait any longer.  This gagging thing was driving me nuts.  I called Dr. S's office and tried to see if they had any new ideas of what I can do for this.
Guess what?  They didn't.
This whole excessive gagging thing is wearing on me.  I find myself crying super easily (yes, I realize it is the hormones) and being almost depressed because of it.
Dan and I decided to go on a quest yesterday.  I left work at noon, since I could not stifle the gag, and Dan and I went in search of gag-stopping remedies. 
I had heard of Sea Bands from my doctor and in my baby guide book.  They are cloth bands with a little nodule on the on inside.  You are supposed to put the nodule side down on the inside of your wrist and the acupressure is supposed to help stop morning sickness and motion sickness.  I am not sure if they are working but they do make my hands tingle sometimes.
I also went to an Aveda salon and bought Blue Oil.  Peppermint is supposed to be calming and it allegedly  curbs nausea.  I put it behind my ears, on my wrists and under my nose.  I have only gagged three times this morning so I am going to call that a win.
I am hoping these work so I can get back to a little normalcy, and feeling like Courtney again.
The only thing keeping me going is that I have my 16 week appointment on Monday and I get to hear that beautiful heartbeat again. :-)
Happy Thursday!

~Courtney

4 comments:

  1. Glad those are helping some! Have you tried Zofran?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried that yet. I should bring that up at my appt. on monday. I welcome all the pregnancy symptoms, but with this one, I have zero appetite and have to force myself to eat! I wanna make sure the baby gets what it needs but it is tough!
    I hope all is well with you dear! I am a-prayin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm 17 weeks along and my 24 hr sickness is HORRIBLE and anything cooked is enough to send me diving head first into the nearest trashcan/toilet etc (i keep walmart bags in my purse incase im out and it strikes me. My dr originally put me on reglan (made me to drowsy to work) then gave me something else (knocked me out cold for 6 hours and i would wake up feeling hung over) and now I have zofran and i LOVE IT. if i take it on an empty stomach tho I get a horrible headache (and it says on the bottle take with small meal & may cause headache) but it doesnt make me drowsie or ANYTHING I love it! i also keep peppermint suckers on me at all times for 2 reasons...1 peppermint is good for neusua and 2 it gets rid of puke breath for the times i cant use my travel toothbrush. my sickiness has been so bad i have been losing weight (down almost 11 lbs since i found out i was pregnant in march) and i have already been hospitalized for dehydration. So i know how u are feeling with the gagging its not fun.

    Hope it gets better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips! I think I am definitely gonna talk about the Zofran!
    This gagging is the pits!

    ReplyDelete