Thursday, February 24, 2011

I think I threw up in my mouth a little.

I am a complete wienie.  Yep, sure am. 

When I started this blog, it was going to be a place for me to vent my frustrations with TTC and IF treatments.   It was going to be a release for me of sorts.  I can't count how many times I have felt relief from getting the words out there, and meeting so many wonderful people who are going through the same thing.  It has truly saved me.  I am brutally honest in this blog.  It is mine.  I reserve the right to do so, and I need to be.

Here's where the wienie part comes in: Another one of my cousins, J, is a uber talented writer.  She has a magnificent way with words and I really enjoy reading her pieces.  She has a Blogspot blog and after a six month hiatus, she posted again.  I eagerly read her poem and I loved it so much, I was going to leave a comment.  I clicked the comment box and was all ready to log in with my Google account when I froze.  I thought to myself, "If I log in as a Google account, she could click on it and read my blog.  What would she think?"  I had a moment of sheer terror and then I chickened out and just commented using my name. 

As I browsed away from her page, I berated myself for being so fearful.  Did I really care what people thought?  Was it really that important to me?  The answer is, no.  Love my posts and read them, or hate them and don't.  I won't apologize for anything I have said, because it was all the truth.  They are real and true emotions, feelings, and trials I have experienced.  I don't need to be a ashamed of telling the truth, even if it may be harsh to some. 

So, love it or hate it, take it or leave it.  I am Courtney and I proud, confident, honest, and happy.  Have a great day and make it count!

No comments:

Post a Comment