Thursday, March 3, 2011

I need a vacation

I would like to tell you that I am going to write something outstanding and prolific this morning; but it ain't gonna happen. 

I have one cycle of Letrozole and hormones left and since March is my birthday month, Robert and I decided to give it a try.  Every time I take the pills and hormones, I become a complete emotional wreck.  I can literally cry at the drop of a hat.  In fact, I was getting ready for work this morning and since I had already done my make up, I decided to watch Law and Order: SVU.  That show has never made me cry and Christopher Meloni is massive, tough talking eye candy.

I really should have read my DVR description of the episode better because at the end of the kick butt episode, Stabler's wife gets into a car accident and goes into labor.  Really?  Out of the 11 seasons of SVU, I happen to watch the one about a miracle baby?  Gimme a break.  I cried off most of my make up so I had to touch up my face totally.  I basically had to spackle it on to cover up the the puffiness from my impromptu sobfest.  I should just stick to "Die Hard".  John McClane wouldn't weep like a wienie.  Yippie Ki-Yay Mother F**ker!

  On a good note, Robert and I went to Minneapolis to see the in laws and on Saturday I drove out to Hudson to see my sister Lisa and my niece Isabel.  My sister is going through some tough times with her husband, and it has been nice to be able to turn to each other.  She knows I am here to listen and not pass judgements, and I know she does the same for me. 
My niece is my pride and joy.  She is so funny and smart and way to wise beyond her years.  I love the time I get to spend with her.  Isabel is really auntie's diva!



We went to Chipotle for lunch and I stopped to get a car charger for my phone.  I am one of those people that is Smart Phone dependent.  I can't drive anywhere unknown without my navigation.  Besides, there was a small storm, and blowing snow everywhere.  It was quite the treacherous drive.  There were like ten accidents on I-94 and I had to come to a dead stop like three or four times on the drive back.  My nerves were frazzled by the time I reached my in laws.  
We went out for a nice lobster dinner and then over to his brother's house for a few cocktails. 
We got home in the early afternoon on Sunday and I went to help Joel move in to his new place.  Things are looking good!

And it is my birthday in less than two weeks!  I really love my birthday.... can you tell? :-)

Cross your finger and send prayers my way.  Maybe I will get my birthday wish of a "sticky baby!"

Have a good Thursday!

~Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this cycle and happy early birthday! Those hormones can be a bitch. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete