Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Who has 2 thumbs and is a winner?! THIS GIRL

Everyone always says it is the little things in life; and I am taking that credo and putting it to good use.
I have met a lot of other ladies in my same situation with IF and who also have miscarried.  Knowing I am not alone, and having them to talk to, has been my saving grace.  The blog I have been following the longest is written by a women named Kristin.  She lost her baby, Stevie, when she was about 25 weeks along.  I started following her blog about a week after Stevie died.  It was absolutely heart breaking to read.  There were plenty of times when I would log into my computer in the morning to check out all the blogs and I would get to hers and be a complete sobbing mess. 

Now, instead of Kristin wallowing in self pity and basically shutting out the world for the rest of her life, she dusted herself off and got to work.  She and another friend started Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope.  It is a website that connects babyloss moms, IF moms, and anyone struggling with this gut wrenching problem.  She wanted to raise awareness and get our voices heard.  They even had the 1000 faces campaign to get 1000 women to let their voices be heard.  I am proud to say that I am face 821. :-)

Kristin has really inspired other women and been a champion for her cause.  Recently, her blog (which can be read here) reached over 400 followers!  She decided to spread the joy and do a giveaway of awesome prizes.  The way to enter was simple: comment on the post about something that makes you happy.  Easy enough, I thought.  So I commented, "Crimping my hair and dancing my living room to "Pump up the Jam" makes me happy."
After a laughing at my utter dorkiness, I thought about it more.  I commented again,
"Being able to say CONGRATS and mean it to 10 of my friends who have given birth after my loss; without crying... makes me happy."
Saying those words and realizing how far I have come, brought that old, familiar lump in my throat.

Kristin chose the winners randomly and announced them on her blog yesterday.  Out of 176 comments..... I won a 3 month certificate for NetFlix!  Seriously?  I never win anything!  I was beyond pumped.  I mean, winning a rad prize really makes Mondays suck less. 
Thank you so much Kristin for all you do.  I know I speak for others in our "community" that you have truly been a huge help. :-)

To add to my already Monday of rock star proportions, when Robert picked my up, he was just grinning away.  You might remember that Robert started his new job just a short three weeks ago.  Well, the partners in the firm have been meeting and they are ALREADY talking about paying him even MORE money.  I guess they are just blown away with him.  Not that I am surprised.... my husband is amazing.  Everything is really falling into place for us.  It is my birthday in one week and everyone knows I love a day that revolves around me. :-)

Sorry if this post rambled a bit.  I am still excited about my NetFlix!  I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

~Courtney

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the winnings! I love BOTH of the comments about what makes you happy!

    ReplyDelete