Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Crappy Weather Blues

Right now, my city is in a BLIZZARD warning.  It is supposed to start snowing at 6pm tonight and drop 10-19 inches of snow in less than twnety-four hours.  Oh yea, and with wind gusts of 50 mph.  Awesome.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the office will be closed tomorrow.
One can dream right?

I have been kind of an emotional wreck since last week.  Robert and I had one round of the fertility drugs and homrones left and since it was my birthday month, we are trying them.  Anyhow, they are making me totally weepy.  On Friday night, Robert and I were snuggling in bed and I was starting to fall asleep so he decided to head to the den and play some games.  For some odd reason, I just burst into tears.  The tears turned into sobs and before you knew it, I was a complete bawling loser.  Poor Robert sat with me for like a half hour, until I got my shit together.  It was not my finest moment.  I know he completely understands, but it makes be feel like a complete tool.

After my little meltdown, I was determined to have a better rest of the weekend.  On Saturday morning, I grabbed the mail out of the mailbox and threw up in my mouth a little.  Target had sent me a HUGE magzine that said, "Hey Courtney!  You have been married for 2 years now!  Have you guys thought about baby?!"

::WHAT IN THE MOTHER EFF??::

It was like a freakin' hundred page magazine about all the baby crap you could possible want to buy!  (including the dark wood crib, dresser and changing table that I desperately want.)
After I came back to earth and wiped the look of shock and awe off my face, I showed the magazine to Robert.
He looked at my sideways and tried to gauge my reaction.  We both laughed it off.  Was I really gonna let Target send me into a tailspin?! Well... almost... I did sit and glance longingly at the magainze.  I was imagining all the things I would need to get when Robert and I finally got our sticky baby.

On a happy note, one of the IF ladie's blog I follow got a BFP the other day.  She has an appt with her OB today, so I am on pins and needles waiting.  It is always exciting when an IF lady gets her long awaited BFP.  I am praying all goes smoothly for her!

I suppose I better pack up my desk in case snow-mageddon traps me at home tomorrow.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day!  I want to sit and eat green beans and watch NetFlix!  BOO YA!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. I already hated Target because they're supposed to be a discount store and I think they price their clothes too high. Now I REALLY hate them! Sorry about the fertility drugs, they're a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe this big magazine. I mean, really?!?! ACK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting those types of things in the mail suck. But i know one day you will need one so you can buy your sticky baby all the stuff he/she needs. Love that you posted the Dr. Seuss poem!

    ReplyDelete