Friday, February 11, 2011

Long time, no talk

It has been forever since I posted last.  I have actually logged in a few times and the I just got pulled away!
How are things with everyone?

Things are pretty decent in Kile Country.  Robert has his last day at his old job today.  He is so excited to finally be done there.  He wasn't happy and he didn't get to do what he loved.
Robert starts his new job on Monday.  He is nervous and anxious, but this is a new chapter in our lives.  I am hoping this means that we get a little break from the dark days.

We had our expectant friends over for the Super Bowl on Sunday.  We make homemade pizzas, dill pretzels, cheese dips, and crispy bars.  The boys absconded to the mancave right away and Meghan and I stayed upstairs, and cooked and chatted.  She has always been such a good listener and seems to actually understand how I feel.  Even thought I still get slightly jealous about her growing tummy, I am very thankful to have her as a friend.  She is due next month and I find myself looking very forward to the arrival of the littlest "ginger." 

This week has been crazy busy.  We are trying to get everything squared away for Robert's transition, and I have been insanely busy at work.  Yesterday though, I really thought was just not my day.  I packed myself a bowl of yogurt for lunch and put it in my cloth sack that I always carry to work.  I have my files in there, personal papers, my lunch, etc.  When I got to work and went to unpack, I saw that the cover had come off my yogurt and spilled ALL OVER my bag!  UGH!  Now my entire bag was covered in raspberry yogurt.  Luckily it didn't damage my files too much.  I did have to stick my hand in there to fish the bowl out and clean it off.  I thought about salvaging the bag, but it was a total loss.  If that wasn't gross enough, four big blobs of the yogurty mess leaked onto my pant leg!  Grr!  I cleaned off my pants and decided to just go about my day.  As I turned to face my computer, I somehow managed to bite the right side of my tongue super hard.  Really?!  And of course it was one of those bites that makes it swell, so for the rest of the day, it was constantly rubbing on my teeth and just hurting more.
At this point, I am tired, my tongue is on fire, and I reek like raspberry; then Robert calls.  He never calls me in the morning so I immediately thought something was wrong.  Robert has a crappy car that I really don't like.  A few months ago, the driver's side door handle broke.  We hardly use the ca,r so I wasn't concerned with getting it fixed right away.  Well, it was -20 in good old Minnesota yesterday morning, and when he went to open the other door, the handle on it was so frozen, that it broke off in his hands.  Epic fail.  Thank goodness he was able to get a ride to work.  I talked to a friend of mine that I work with and her husband is going to come on Saturday and take it to his heated garage and fix it all up.  He is a certified mechanic for Bobcat and can handle just about any car issue.  I am so happy for that!

On the upside, today is Friday.  I am so ready for the weekend.  We are going to get the car fixed tomorrow and make a run to Target.  Of course I am out of concealer, hair spray and moisturizer all at once!  We all know I can't live without moisturizer!   I think I will spend Sunday being a completely lazy butt.  I am going to make a big vat of spaghetti and watch retro movies.  WIN.

Oh, and since the majority of my friends are pregnant and posting ultrasound and belly pics on Facebook, I feel it is only necessary to post pictures of my doggaughter, Eve:



She had a bad knee day and was extra clingy.  She had to have her head right on my knee.  Isn't she the cutest!?

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

~Courtney

2 comments:

  1. Aww, look at Eve! Who's a good girl? Eve is! Have a good weekend! I want to come eat spaghetti.

    ReplyDelete