Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Walkin' in a winter wonderland.

Well, it is blizzard like conditions here in good old Northern Minnesota.  It took Robert and I over an hour to dig out the vehicles.  LAME.  I am praying our office closes early since the weather is predicting to add 10 more inches to the already foot of snow we have on the ground.

I had a pretty decent weekend.  Helen came over on Saturday afternoon.  We made my Granny's Snowy Fudge and some Oreo Truffles.  They both turned out DELICIOUS!  My Granny used to make me Snowy Fudge for Christmas every year.  It is this wonderful peanut butter fudge that is awesomely sweet and always tasted amazing because my Granny made it.  When she passed away in 2008, the thought of it really bummed me out.  I miss her immensely.  I decided that since I was hosting Christmas for my brothers this year, I should try my hand at making some.  It came out PERFECTLY.  It looked and tasted just like Granny's. 


As you can see, me and my brothers tore into it.  Guess I will just have to make more for Christmas Eve! :-)

This weekend was special because I also got to see the kids.  I have not seen G and Bean since May 30th.  This is the longest I have ever gone without seeing them.  I won't go into the whole long drawn out story, since I already spilled my guts about that on a previous post, but I have missed those two so much.
Dan and I were out delivering Christmas goodies and I decided to bite the bullet and drop off the kid's Christmas presents.
I tried to bring them to my aunt's house, but no one was home.  I figured my cousin would be out and about so I could just drop them off in her porch.  Well, surprise surprise.  They were home.  I felt queasy as I knocked on the door. 
E was surprised to see me, but was very cordial.  She called the kids downstairs and they were so surprised.  They both jumped up and gave me huge hugs.  It took every ounce of strength in my body not to cry.  And then Bean says to me, "Are you taking us today?"  UGH. 

Gut punch. 

 I wished I was taking them with me.  I would have loved to pack them up and see a movie, and play video games, and get some ice cream.  "No," I told her.  "Not today. Hopefully soon."
I watched them open their gifts, and made menial small chat with E.  I wished them all a Merry Christmas and got the tightest hugs in the world from the kids.  I almost lost it when I heard them yell, "I love you!" I could barely choke out an "I love you too...."
I made it to the car and that is when the flood gates opened.  I sobbed so hard my chest rocked.  Thank goodness Dan was there to comfort me or I would have been a mess.  I am sure the kids know I love and miss them with every fiber of my being. 
I spent the rest of Sunday getting the Christmas plan together, and watching movies.  It was nice to have some R & R time with my honey.
I have a short work week this week and my hystosalpingogram tomorrow.  I am kind of antsy about it.  I have had so many things poked and prodded lately that it is starting to wear on me.  Some big wig reproductive endocrinologist from the Mayo is coming to participate.  I just love being a medical anomaly.... not.
I also want to send out lots of hugs and positiveness to my friend B.  She lost her dog this week and I want to make sure she gets lots of hugs!
Have a good week everyone.  :-)
~Courtney

1 comment:

  1. ((HUGS)) Good luck with the HSG! Your fudge looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete