Monday, December 6, 2010

Has anyone seen my motivation?

Monday morning is here again.  How come the weekends are zooming by so quickly? 

I have been doing a lot of thinking since we are coming to the end of 2010.  I thought for sure I would be pregnant by now.  When Robert and I first starting trying, we thought that 2010 would be our year.  Either we would become parents, or on our way to being parents.  Here we are in December, and we are no closer to that dream.  I know I have been thinking about it way too much lately.  Almost letting it consume every minute of my thoughts.  Doctors, theologists, and just about everyone else says that you need to just quit thinking about it and it will happen.  Yea, right.  I will try not to think about the giant pink elephant in my living room either.  Anyway, I have been trying to get my mind off of it.  I throw myself into work, and Christmas, and my home.  I am chairperson for our annual fundraiser, I am taking on extra work, things around my house are getting done with more gusto than usual, and I am awesomely ahead of the game on the Christmas front. 
Also, when you are TTC, your sex life kind of turns into an assignment.  There is set times, dates, and a purpose.  The spark almost goes out of it.  And of course nothing is more romantic than a reminder popping up on your outlook telling you to do the nasty with your hubby.  HOT.
So last night, I lit some candles, played some nice music, and really made it romantic.  And let me tell you ladies, it was wonderful.  I have to try and remember that this is just as hard on Robert and we all need a little a little TLC everyone once and a while.

I have a busy week coming up, but right smack dab in the middle, is my appointment with Dr. Sebastian on Wednesday.  The constant state of "hurry up and wait" is enough to drive a person bonkers.  I did get a bright spot though.  Some of my appointments were coded differently and will still be covered as of 2011.  Hopefully Sebastian will finagle things for me. :-)

Now all I need is a little get up and go this morning and I will be just fine.  Considering it is a Monday  and I work at a non-profit law firm, I am sure it will be insanity.  Thank goodness for the candy cane I swiped my the office candy bowl.  A little peppermint will do some good.

Have a good Monday all!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment