Monday, December 13, 2010

Baby it's cold outside

Cold is an understatement.  It is absolutely FRIGID outside today!  I love when my state makes the national news because a town not too far from me is -32 degrees today.  Thanks International Falls!  I was bundled up like the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man this morning.  Wool sweater, parka, ear muffs, gloves, and a scarf.  I could barely put my stinkin' arms down! 
We were supposed to get a snowmageddon type blizzard this weekend but then, out of sheer luck, the snow went right below us.  Whew!  I really didn't want 20 inches of snow.  Minneapolis on the other hand... they got a wallop!  The snow was so bad that it collapsed the roof of the Metrodome!  I can't believe I survived a Sunday without watching football. 

Robert and I got the rest of our Christmas shopping done.  It was so cold yesterday, but I had to fight through it!  I got my sister some pajamas from Vickie's (it is so fun shopping for someone who is an extra small.... not) I got my mom her gift card, and my brothers and their girlfriends some gift cards, made my Christmas food shopping list, wrapped some presents, and then watched the Wild lose miserably to the Ducks. 

So, Dr. Sebastian told me to get this fertility monitor that is supposed to help and track my hormone levels.  It is Clear Blue Easy and it is like $200.  Now, I am not worried about the cost and I just found out I have over $300 in my flex I need to burn through until the end of the year.  I thought to myself, "OK awesome.  I will just go pick one up and I can use it this cycle."  Negative.  Not Walgreens, not Walmart, not Target; no one carries it.  You have to order it online, but of course your flex card won't work online because of the shipping charge!  UGH!  I don't want to have to do a paper reimbursement before Christmas!  That defeats the whole purpose of a flex card!!  Grr.  I am going to call Sebastian today and see if he knows where there are some in town or else I am just going to have to wing it. 

Another busy Monday is off to a crazy start.  Have a good Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment