Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Are you deaf?

What a complete pain in the butt. 
So, I got word that I have all this money in my FSA that I need to spend before the year is out.  OK, great.  Then, I found out that the fertility monitor that Dr. S wants me to buy is covered.  Even more great. 
I spent all day Sunday going to Target, Walgreens, Walmart, everywhere, looking for it.  No one sells it in stores.
So when I got home, I went online and tried to buy it there.  For some reason, my flex card kept getting denied.  ANNOYING.
When I got to work yesterday, I asked our CFO if she knew anything about why my card was declined online.  She said she would check on it.  I got an email about 20 minutes later, that the card company requests that I call them.  OK FINE.

I call the company and I get this overly bubbly woman to deal with.  She asks me what I was trying to do.  I told her I was attempting to buy a fertility monitor and it was being denied.  I don't know if she just wasn't listening to me, or just wanting to be a pain, but she was like, "What were you trying to buy?" I say again, "a fertility monitor." "What?" Oh my gosh really..... "IT IS A FERTILITY MONITOR."
I felt like I had shouted the words to her. I loved announcing to all those near me that I have a failing womb.  Thanks lady.
She then checked and yes, lo and behold, it is covered (I file that under "Things I already knew for $500, Alex.")
I did find out that I would have to pay for it and request a reimbursement.  Fine.  I had already planned for that. 
As I am about to end the call with Senorita Pain is the Ass, she says, "Hey, so what is this monitor supposed to do then?"  Um... no.  We are not having this conversation.  Is she really asking me this right now? As my first reaction was to let this broad have it with both barrels, I bit my tongue and said, "It helps chart and show ovulation.  Thanks for your help."
End call.
I hate that fact that these companies feel like they can just ask you anything they want.  If it is covered, and it is MY employee contributions into the flex, it is NUNYA.  Thanks lady.
On a good note though, I found the monitor on Amazon for like $80 cheaper AND I bough an extra box of test sticks AND I got free 2 day shipping.  Bonus.  Thank God, considering I need to start using it on the 17th.
I suppose I better open the office and get this day on the road.  Have a good Tuesday!
~Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment