Thursday, December 16, 2010

Just my luck.

Defective.

That is how I feel sometimes.  Like I am damaged, but the thing is, I can't be returned for a new model; or refurbished to work better.  I am sure you are wondering what brought this on....

I received my fertility monitor yesterday.  I was so excited.  I could finally begin this new step in our TTC journey.  The way these monitors work is that you put in the batteries and then you don't turn it on or set the monitor until you want to set "the window." The window the the 6 hour time frame in the morning that you will need to perform a test.  I am up relatively early, so I was going to push the button at 6am this morning, which meant I could test between 3am and 9am on the days the monitor required a test. 

I spent a good hour or so last night studying the manual, making sure I knew exactly how it would work, and getting very excited to try it out.  I woke up this morning, put the batteries in, and hit the "ON" button.  The light flashed like it said and then some random icons popped up, and it immediately shut off.  Uh... OK, let's try that again.  So I pushed the "ON" button again.  Same thing.  "Well WTF?"  I thought to myself.  I just assumed I was doing it wrong and decided to call the company helpline.  I talked to a Dierdre at customer service and she determined that the icons that were popping up were alerting me that the unit was in fact, defective.  REALLY?!  Of course it is another road block.  Of course, the unit is defective.  Only happens to me, I swear!
I contacted Amazon.com and they are sending me a new one, and hopefully it works properly.  I know this isn't really a major issue, but it is just another thing that doesn't go right.  And especially when you are having difficulties TTC, you feel like a complete failure sometimes.  Like all these other women are just getting knocked up left and right, and I can't.  Like there is something wrong with me.  Isn't it my God given right to have kids?  Forget the right to bear arms, I want to bear children!

Amazon assures me that the new monitor will arrive tomorrow.  Let's hope they are right.
~Courtney

1 comment: