Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Finally some good news!

Whew.  I can finally breathe a slight sigh of relief!  I had my appointment with Dr. S this morning, and to say I was anxious about it would be the understatement of the century.  I could barely sleep.  Then I was fidgety all morning.  I just kept thinking to myself, "Please, please, please.  This HAS to be the day that I can finally get a step forward instead of all these giant leaps back."

When I got to his office, I just had a good feeling.  I can't really explain it, but it was very calming.  The nurse came and got me and I was taken to my usual room.  How sad is that?  I am there so much that I have a "usual" room.  Any how, Doc came in with his handy, dandy internal ultrasound and we started the exam.  I don't think I will get over how uncomfortable those things are.  I felt like he was going to poke it out of my belly button!
I was barely breathing, thinking he was going to say, "the cyst is still a behemoth.  Take some more birth control."  But then it came.  SUCCESS!  My cyst had shrunk to  nearly nothing and I could start the Letrozole next week!  I can't fully tell you how amazing that moment was.  I just cried out of sheer joy.  I finally felt like we were getting somewhere.

After I hopped off the table and got dressed, he came in to discuss the plan.  I am going to start the Letrozole next week, during my cycle, and then on Dec. 22, I go in for a hysterosalpingogram.  What a mouth full huh?  Basically, they are going to put a catheter in my lady station and give my fallopian tubes a little dye rinse.  Like a radiator flush for the lady business.  It is going to be rather painful I am told, but I am willing to do anything.  And besides, I get a pregnancy test that morning so if I am pregnant by the 22nd, who knows!  Maybe I won't even need it!  I am trying to stay really positive here.  Then I have another appointment on the 29th for a post coital ultrasound.  Fun.  Needless to say, Robert is not going to like the uber scheduled sex.  "Wake up honey!  It is sex-thirty!"

I am really trying to stay optimistic here.  This is the first round of good news I have had.  It also made it so nice when I called my dad and he was so happy.  He said it made it day.  That statement completely made my day as well.  Love you, Dad.

So everyone out there, keep your fingers crossed, your prayers prayin', and your good vibes coming!
~Courtney

1 comment: