Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Trigger shot??

Hey all!

I don't have time for a super long post but I figured I would update you on what happened at my appointment today.

I had ANOTHER internal u/s.  We saw that I have 2 awesome follicles!  YAY!  We also discovered that my cervix is like uber long (how is that possible? I am 5 feet tall for the crying out the window!) and maybe Robert's little swimmers aren't getting where they need to be.  So....... Dr. S suggested a "wash and spin" and for all of you who aren't "down with the TTC lingo" that is TTC for insemination.

I have to go in at 4pm today to have a hormone trigger shot.  Hopefully that will get me all ready to go for the insemination on Friday morning.  I am sure Robert is just pleased to peaches about having to do it in a cup, but whatever it takes right!  I had to go in post coital this morning and that was difficult.  I won't go into too much detail but I was tired, Robert was tired, and it was quite a struggle.  Let's just say it was the opposite of romantic lovemaking. :-)

I am really keeping my fingers crossed.  After the 1st of the year, none of these treatments will be covered by insurance anymore so I am praying that this is our month.  I even treated myself to Chinese take out for lunch and my fortune says, "An unexpected event will soon make your life exciting."  Is that a good omen?  Is the unexpected surprise twins?  Please God let this work out.  I have been praying with all my might lately.
Praying for me, praying for friends, praying for people everywhere that struggle with the heartbreaking road of TTC.

I am a little nervous for the shot since I heard they give it to you in your behind.  Yowza! And then I even have to walk around the grocery store!  How come every time I have an OB appointment, it always seems like it is a day that I need to go to the grocery store!  Grr.

Please send lots of prayers and good vibes this way!  Hopefully we will get our New Year's miracle!

~Courtney

1 comment: