Friday, September 28, 2012

Feeling lost

Morning ladies.

I regret to inform you that I am not my usual, witty scribe today.  I have had a not-so fantastic week and I am feeling a little lost.  I pride myself in my ability to stay positive, not to worry, and to dig down deep and find strength you didn't know you had.  The whole time we were trying to conceive, and then Sully's surgeries, we always lived by the saying, "You'll never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only option."  Well, that is true... but I am feeling very overwhelmed.

Warning: Pity Party about to commence.

We have one outstanding bill left with Children's.  Granted, the bill is only $1,500 and that is minuscule compared to what we could have paid, but it is $1,500 that we just don't have right now.  I tried to work out a payment plan with them yesterday, but they won't take anything less than $100 a month, and I just can't do that.  After basically stifling my cries talking to the payment department, I ended the call and sat and cried in my office.  A short while later, I got a call from another financial guy and he says to me, "Wow, you guys have been through a lot, huh?"  Um.. is that all you called me for?!  You don't think I know that!?  He must have sensed that I was really not in the mood, so he back tracked and said that he wants to see if there is any more help they can give us on the bill.  Also, he said that just because Children's won't set up an officially payment plan, as long as we send something, they won't send the bill to collections.  I guess that is a piece of good news.  Robert and I have worked hard for our perfect credit and I am really not inclined to flush it down the drain.

My other pea under my mattress is Sully's doctor wants us to meet with a PT next month if Sully isn't cruising.  Now, Sully is not yet "pulling up" to stand and cruising.  He crawls, sits, talks like an 18 month old, and everything else, but the doctor wants him pulling up.  While I understand that yes, perhaps he *should* be doing those things, do people forget that he had to spend 6 weeks with limited mobility TWICE?!  How about we take a sawzall and cut your breast plate open not once, but two times, and then see how good you feel!  For everything he has been through, Sully is a freakin' champ! I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it did. We basically have a month to get him to pull up of some physical therapist is going to come in and "access" him.  Ya know, I want people to just leave my child alone.  I really do. 

Also, I don't want to be a hypocrite, because I tell people all the time not to worry about it so I am just going to say, MONEY SUCKS.

Lastly, to end my crap-tastic day yesterday, I came home to a water main break on my street and no water!  Yep.. awesome.  No water until the MORNING.  I had to send Robert to the grocery store to grab a couple gallons of drinking/hand washing/teeth brushing water and some organic food pouches for Sully.  I was planning on making Sully food last night, but that was not gonna happen.  I ended up putting Sully to bed and then crying in my bed for a good twenty minutes before passing out cold at about 8:30pm.

Thank goodness it's Friday.  I need a break. 

Thanks for putting up with the vent.  I needed it.

Courtney

4 comments:

  1. So sorry you are feeling down. I'll send some prayers your way that Sully will start pulling up, although honestly I think he's doing terrific considering all he's been through. Also, I totally agree with that financial guy, sending something each month is better than nothing. :-) Hang in there friend, it's almost the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I'm sorry you had such a crappy week. I've been in a similar situation with medical bills and it is SO hard. At least they are willing to take something, even though they won't set up an official payment plan.

    I also hear you on the cruising. My daughter still isn't crawling (she's 10 months, which I don't think is that shocking that she isn't crawling) and people are already acting like something is wrong with her. I really think babies do things when they are ready, and your little guy has been through so much, it will probably just take him a little longer to even realize that cruising is an option!

    Hang in there momma. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs, mama. We all get caught up in the emotions of life at one point or another. And with everything your sweet family has been through, now seems like as good a time as any.

    I am NO expert on kids and PT. I am a mom, though (whose last kidlet crawled at 10.5 months and walked at 13.5 months, with about two weeks of cruising right beforehand). As such I would just like to point out that you do not have to agree to an assessment if you don't want to. You can always get a second opinion or choose to delay it for a longer period. Or follow the doctor's preferences. It *is* up to you. And one thing I learned from my time in a mommy group is that every single freaking pediatrician does things a little different than the next. But they present it sometimes as THE way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ladies are the best. I mean it. None of my friends have been thru anything like we have & you all are such amazing support. Thank you so much. :)

    ReplyDelete