Monday, September 10, 2012

25 Things You Didn't Know About Me

Good morning!  How did Monday get her so quickly again!  I had to completely change this intro because I had started this post on Friday and never got to finish... oh well.
I was reading UsWeekly and they had Michelle Obama do the 25 Things You Didn't Know About Me section and it was awesome!  She is such a class act and I adore her.  Mrs. Obama is my inspiration for today's post.  I think sometimes, us moms, especially moms that struggled, tend to focus wholly on our tots.  While that is fine and dandy, we need to remember the WOMAN that brought that child into this world.  Did you leave her behind since you got your new title?  I know that I forget about myself sometimes.  I would much rather be with Sully, or think about Sully, or talk about Sully; but I can't forget about Courtney. 
This morning, I decided to take a minute and talk about Courtney... Honesty, here we come.

25 Things You Didn't Know About CourtneyAnna

1.  I am TERRIFIED of snakes.  Not like the, "Eww gross," kind of terrified; but the run-scream-and-feel-like-I'm-gonna-die scared.  I have actually even fainted once.  I have also incited a stampede of kindergartners when a class pet that was  a four foot long gray snake, got loose in the building while I was subbing there for a month.
2.  I have a ketchup obsession.  I put it on everything. Thanksgiving turkey, chicken, Christmas ham.. love it.  I get quite a few stares..

3.  I really, really hate one of my coworkers.  I am only nice to this person to preserve the sanity here, but if given the chance to get away with it scott free... I would punch them directly in the face.

4.  I hate the word "moist."  It just grosses me out.

5.  I secretly want to be an Old Lady to one of the Sons of Anarchy.  Preferably Jax Teller.  I could be a totally bad ass.  I remember when I started watching the show on Netflix, I was pregnant with Sully and Jax's son Abel is born with a heart condition and needs surgery.  I remember thinking, "How sad!  That little baby needs heart surgery!" Little did I know... :-)

6.  I wish more people read this blog.  I feel like I have lost some people and even though I hate to admit it, it makes me sad.  I really love some of the people I have met through it and sometimes I feel unappreciated.  Maybe that is just my slight insecurities coming through.

7.  I pray for the bloggy mamas that are currently TTC, every night. :-)

8.  I am a clean freak. I hate when people leave dishes undone in the sink after dinner.  It is just gross.  It take minutes to wash a load and there is no excuse for a dirty kitchen... or a dirty bathroom... ICK!

9.  I also don't like when moms blame their kids or spending time with their kids for why their house is a sty.  Your house is a sty because you don't clean.  Unless you kid stays up until midnight, everyone can take half hour and do a quick buff of the house. 

10.  If I ever won the lottery, the first thing I would do is buy my dad tickets to see the Rolling Stones.  He has wanted to see them forever, but their tickets are so expensive.  I looked once and they were almost $200 a ticket and the show was in Chicago! 

11.  I am a sucker for stupid movies.  I love them and watch them over and over again.  Robert just shakes his head and leaves the room.  Examples, "Troop Beverly Hills," "Dad, the Angel, and Me," and 'Surf Ninjas."  I don't know what makes them so appealing.

12.  I wish I had an unlimited cash flow so I could be the "Secret Millionaire."  I can't watch that show without bawling my eyes out. 

13.  I love Facebook.  I am a Facebook creeper and there are some people that I stay friends with only so I can be a creeper.  Sad, I know, but you gotta have something that is just for entertainment right?

14.  I am an iTunes junkie.  If I had every dollar back that I have spent on iTunes, I could probably pay off my mortgage.  I don't believe in pirating music.  Since my dad is a musician, I wouldn't feel right about "stealing" music.

15.  I secretly hope my dad becomes rich and famous from his music.  He sooooo deserves it.  Listen and ENJOY!

16.  My mind is like a Rolodex for song lyrics.  For some reason, I can remember almost every lyric to every song I have ever heard.  It is weird.  My friends tell me I need to go on that game show about song lyrics.

17.  I drink Diet Coke like it is going to be outlawed. I am the freak that doesn't eat McDonald's food, but will go through the drive through just for a fountain diet coke when they have the larges for $1.  I am that weirdo.  I am currently drinking what's left of a two liter for a little jolt.

18.  I wish I had more "fun money" to get my nails, hair and eyebrows done on a consistent basis.  I am not saying I let myself go or anything because I still like to look nice, but I have completely abandoned coloring my hair and I haven't gotten my nails done since Christmas.  Every time I think about spending that much money, I always think of something I could buy Sully instead. 

19.  I secretly wish I could be a stay at home mom.  I talk about big game about working, but I would love to stay home, have a brother or sister for Sully if my uterus would cooperate, and I would cook and bake, and play with them all day.  Instead, I work full time... lame.

20.  I hate when people try to "keep up with the Jones'."  Too many times on Facebook and IRL, I see people trying to front or show off their "stuff."  I hate that.  Life is not about "stuff."  No one cares if you got new Uggs or the fanciest car... I drive a Kia... and I love it. :-)

21.  Speaking of my Kia, We have a 2008 Kia Optima.  I love it.  People made fun of us for buying a Kia but, if you look at the safety ratings and gas mileages, Bert and I are laughing all the way to the bank.  We get almost 500 miles to a tank of gas and have every safety feature available.  That is more important that a beeping back up camera or a car that will parallel park for you. 

22.  I feel like I have ADHD sometimes.  I really lose focus and end up beebopping from one thing to another.  Luckily, I always get things done.

23. I think I take on too much.  I have a hard time saying, "no" to people.  I am the coordinator of multiple charity events and my weekends are usually full.  Sometimes I wish I could say, "no" without guilt and spend the entire weekend in my jammies.

24.  I am ADDICTED to Shutterfly.  Here is another avenue that I could spend a billion dollars. It doesn't help my addiction when they keep sending me these amazing coupons.  You can't pass up a free photobook, right?

25.  ..... I am totally going to go on Shutterfly and order a photobook... damn you and your amazing coupons!  I am such a sucker for a good coupon!

I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it.  Have a great week ladies!

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment