Thursday, September 13, 2012

Almost done...

Hey ladies! 

This post may be short, because I simply cannot focus.  I am getting off work at noon today, getting Sully from daycare, and then we are heading to Minneapolis.  Tomorrow morning, he is having his circ and then his LAST cardiology follow up for a YEAR.  I am so excited that I can't even stand it. Tomorrow, he also gets to be done taking medications.  He is currently only on one med, called Captopril.  It was to help keep his blood pressure low so his valve could adhere to this heart.  He has basically grown out of the dose so they are going to stop it tomorrow. 
After tomorrow, these 10 months of pure anxiety and stress will be over.  To say I am not a little scared, would be a lie.  I was extremely nauseated this morning.  I am just ready to be officially done. Not done as in, "Well we have his circ and followup in a few weeks." But done as in DONE.  After tomorrow, no more medicine, no more appointments except for his yearly exam, no more NOTHING!  We will be just completely normal.  I am so excited to put this behind us.  I am excited for them to stop poking and prodding my sweet boy.

Sully will have to be under some slight general anesthesia again, which I am not particularly pleased about, but it is for the best.  When he is asleep, they are going to give him a caudal block as well, which is a shot near his anus, sort of like an epidural, except it lasts about 8 hours.  It will also help with pain after the circ.  Nobody wants to wake up from a 20 minute surgery and have a painful wee wee.
After the circ, we will grab some lunch in the good ole' Starz cafe in the hospital and then we have an echo with Dr. V at 1:15. 

I love our team and Children's.  I really cannot say enough about them.  I have spent the entire week baking treats for them as a surprise. Last time I went down there, we made S'mores Pops and they went quick.  The night after his surgery, we went to Lund's and bough a bunch of lunch meat, cheese, crackers, hummus and buns as a snack for the nurses and they loved it!  This time, I made sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chewy M & M monster bars and rice krispies.  I am going to decorate the sugar cookies tonight when I get to my in-laws. I made everything from scratch... I am pretty proud of myself.  I pride myself in my baking so it was a good time.

Well, The morning is flying by and I better close up some files and head outta here.
Send prayers and good vibes our way!  I will keep everyone posted!

Courtney

3 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys and hope everything goes smoothly for Sully. You are so sweet to bake for the hospital, I'm sure they love and appreciate it so much! Hang in there, you guys are almost done with all of this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I can't imagine the relief you must be feeling at the thought of putting his cardiology issues behind you. How amazing. :-) Thinking of you all, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping today was the start of something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete