Monday, October 8, 2012

There are just not enough hours in the day

The road to my blog is paved with good intentions... I feel like such a failure when it comes to keeping up with all my gals.  Last week was really tough and I am just starting to get back in my groove.  I do have some pretty awesome news though.
After I blogged to you all about my bill with Children's, I got a call back from Justin in the financial department.  His tone was weird and it took me a minute to realize he was kind of crying.  Of course I was all freaked out and then he told me:  Children's had reviewed our file and decided to FORGIVE the remaining balance on our account and we now owe NOTHING.  I am pretty sure I stayed silent for almost a full minute; then I burst into tears.  I told him how grateful I was and I must have thanked him a million and one times.  He said that he was happy he could help and he would send me an email receipt.
When I received the email from him, I was going to move it to my bills folder, when suddenly I was hit with a genius idea.  This guy works in an office and never gets to see the people he is helping.  Before I knew it, I had hit reply and I was sending Justin a personal thank you note.  I included pics of Sully was his surgeries and then pictures now of Sully, Robert and I as our happy, healthy family.  Shortly after I hit send, he emailed me back to tell me how glad he was that he was able to help us.  He said it was amazing to actually see the people he had just helped to take a huge weight off.  It really was an awesome moment.  I have said it before, but Children's hospital is just amazing.  I don't know where we would be without their expertise and support. How cool is that?

In other news, Sully is teething like a madman and he is kind of a bear.  I can't believe he will a year old next month.  It is crazy pants.  This past year has been the most intense of my life, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. 

I am a little behind on some stuff so I had to make this short, but here are some pictures of my buddy:



Eating a yummy egg yolk omelet. :-)




Say what?!




This is one of my favorite pics ever... he is driving the cart at CVS



Shovelin' in the snacks. :-)

Happy Monday Ladies!!

3 comments:

  1. That's incredible that Children's did that for you. How amazing! Mr. Sully looks like he is such a happy baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such fantastic news about your bill at Children's! :-) And what a great idea to share photos of your family with them so they can put faces to those they help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, that is a great story! So glad this little "miracle" happened to you guys and that you'll have one less stress on your hearts. Oh that Sully bear is cute as a button!

    ReplyDelete