Monday, June 18, 2012

To Robert

Dear Robert,
I've been catching up with my bloggy ladies & a lot of them have written about a most often overlooked person when it comes to IF; the want-to-be-daddies.

You guys often get pushed to the side because of your uterus problem..... the not having it... Haha.
Yesterday was your first Father's Day. I had been planning for weeks.
While we were on the roller coaster ride leading up to Sully, we talked about all the things we wanted to do. I would cry on your shoulder & sob about how I wanted to be called mom & make school lunches & snuggle. You always listened & hugged me.
The only thing you ever got down about, the only thing you ever longed for, was to take our children to the zoo. For your first Father's Day, I wanted to make your dream come true.
Buying a membership to our zoo, was the best thing I've ever done. Surprising you with a picnic & taking our beautiful son to the zoo & spending the day together, was amazing. Seeing the sheer joy on your face was beautiful. In that moment, I knew all was right with the world.
You are such an amazing husband & father. You are a hard worker & a great role model for our little mister. You're sweet, funny, smart & the best friend I've ever had.

We love you so much

Love you 23,
Courtney & Sully


No comments:

Post a Comment