Monday, June 4, 2012

AF... you wicked bitch..

I've grown quite accustomed to not having my period. First she got a vacation during my pregnancy & has stayed on hiatus because of my commitment to pumping.
She reared her ugly head for one day when Sully was a month old, but it wasn't that bad.
This morning, she blew in with a one-two punch. I'm bloated, crampy & a major crab! I'm not going to like getting back to having periods again. Lame. I'm popping Tylenol like m&ms, wishing they were percocet. Haha. I've always had awful cramps, but it seems like they are worse this time around.

Now that it looks like AF may be making her presence known more often, I find myself thinking about my pregnancy struggles. Will it be easier now? Should we get our hopes up for a sibling for Sully? Should I not even think about it?
Robert & I have talked about more children & I want to wait until Sully is in pre-school, strictly from a financial stand point; but lately, Robert has tossed out the idea of me staying home & having more kids.
Obviously there is a ton to consider, and I would love to be home, but a huge part of me really wants to be selfish with my time with Sully. My heart swells with love for him & I just want to have our time. He is the epitome of miracle, & he deserves my undivided attention.
What are your thoughts about having more children after your rainbow ir miracle baby?

Good night, ladies. :)


2 comments:

  1. Those first few periods really are awful. Seriously, why doesn't anyone tell you that??

    I will preface this by saying that I grew up watching loss. My mother fought for YEARS to have another child and when she did, my sister died just after birth. So, I've always assumed that being pregnant and staying that way is next to impossible. Because of this, I have always been from the school of kids back to back to prevent that. Honestly, that's probably why I have a 5 1/2 month old and I'm pregnant again. I feel so horrible that I don't personally know the fertility struggles people face but I did see that it ruined my parents' marriage and it's such an ugly, ugly process.

    I hope y'all are able to decide what's best for your family. I've been watching everything that's happening with Sully and I'm so thankful for y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AF is the worst! I always wanted our kids close together in age, but I'm lucky to be able to stay home right now. I'm sure Sully would be a GREAT big brother!

    ReplyDelete