Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Mini Vacay

Hello to all!
I returned go work today after a six &  a half week hiatus &  I'm not happy about it so I'm going to write about our awesome weekend instead.  :)
After the city crushing flood & the soul smashing return to work coming, we knew we needed to get away & relax. We took the hour long trip down I-35 to Hinckley.
Debbiemom & Ken have their summer house in a community down there &  it's a blast.
I was so excited to take Mr. Sully James swimming for the first time. I still get choked up when he is able to do all these firsts that had to be put on the back burner because of his surgery.
We spent most of the weekend hanging out in the sun, playing and swimming.  My aunt and uncle and grandparents have cabins in the same area so we all hang out together.

Swimming was a hit!  Sully had so much fun!  The first time we went, he kicked and played and wiggled so much that he fell asleep in his floaty.  It was hilarious.  Here is a pic of our Sunday swim:



Sully, Mama and Cousin M

Here he is getting ready for the pool:




While we were at the pool, one little girl did look to her dad and ask, "What is the matter with that baby's chest?"  I knew that kids would be asking it eventually.  I never want Sully to be ashamed of his scar.  It is almost like a badge of honor.  He is a little fighter and he earned every nook of that.  Robert and I wanted to make sure he knew that it was nothing to be ashamed of so we had this shirt made in various sizes:



How cute are those?  They were worth every penny!  :-)

I am back at work now so I better focus, but my return to work is a post all its own.

Happy Tuesday!

Courtney

2 comments:

  1. LOVE Sully's shirt and I think you are right about him not being ashamed of his scar. He is a fighter and a survivor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that scar will eventually fade and no one will even notice it. But, you're so right, it is definitely his badge of courage and bravery. He's just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete