Thursday, June 21, 2012

After the rain

As some of you may have heard, my city, Duluth, has been absolutely ravaged by a flood. Between Tuesday night & Wednesday afternoon, we were pelted with 10+ inches of rain. That's a heap to get in less that 24 hours.
Restaurants flooded, roads cracked, cars & children were sucked into sink holes, bridges fell & people kayaked down the street. Our zoo flooded & 14 animals drown. The polar bear got loose & had to be tranq'ed. The 2 seals got loose & we're caught by passing motorists as they swam down the boulevard. Homes are gone.
Our mayor has declared a State of Emergency. FEMA is coming today. We're now asking the Feds to help with the multimillion dollar clean up.

My city is in shambles.

Our house was one of the lucky ones. We got a little water in the basement, and our yard has a ton of silt in it, but that's it.
I almost can't believe it because my house is almost 100 years old. The massive lightening cracks kept Sully away for a little bit, but he slept through most of it.

Our whole city is trying to pick up the pieces after total devastation.
I go back to work on Monday & this is the last thing I wanted to worry about. I need to destress a little so we are going to pack up & go to the cabin for the weekend. Sully is going swimming for the first time, & I'm really looking forward to that.

Please pray for our city & everyone impacted by this disaster. Mother Nature is a huge bitch sometimes.

I will end this post with some pics of the flood:







2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So thankful that you guys are ok and your house is doing well! Praying for your town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awful. I hope everything is okay with y'all and your family.

    ReplyDelete