Thursday, March 1, 2012

Snow Day!

Gotta love living in Minnesota.  Yesterday, we got a whoopin' of snow.  We were pummeled with about a foot of blowing snow.  The winds were howling at 50 mph and the roads weren't fit to travel.  Lucky for Robert and I, both of our offices were closed.  I was so excited to spend a day at home in my jammies with my amazing boys!
Sully seemed to be confused, as this was not our normal morning routine to just stay in our lounging duds and snuggle.  He was very happy about it though!  We threw some meatballs in the crock pot, tuned on some tunes and had a good, old fashioned snow day.  Robert and I put Sully in his Bumbo and he played with toys while I massacred Robert in Scrabble and Sequence.  We watched Netflix, read books, napped and played.  The weather was roaring outside, but it didn't bother us one bit.  We hunkered into fuzzy blanket and sipped hot cocoa.  It was a much needed relaxation day.  The mall closed and our public buses even stopped running.  It was pretty insane!
Here is a cute little pic of my happy boy:

He is adorable beyond words!

After our family day o' fun, it was time for Mr. Sully to take a tubby.  I decided to just get in with him and make it a quick bath.  Well, as soon as Robert and I started playing with him and his boats, he let out his first, real belly laugh!  I couldn't believe it!  He just kept laughing, hard at the tug boats.  Before I knew it, I was a blubbering mess.  Hahah!  It was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard!  We ended up playing in the bath for a half hour and having a blast.  Also, Sully is growing so big and strong that he is now in some 6 month clothes.  I am amazed how fast my little mister is growing!

Another stellar fact, my birthday is in two weeks and I am jazzed about it.  I have a lot to be thankful for and I am looking forward to a great day.  Robert always tries to surprise me on birthdays and holidays, but I always ended up finding out what it is and then nothing is ever a surprise.  In reality, my husband sucks at being sneaky so it doesn't take a super sleuth to figure out his plans.  This birthday was different!  He came home the other night and said he had a surprise for me.  I thought it was weird that he was giving me my birthday gift so early, but he said he wanted to make sure I was surprised.  You can imagine my even more shocked-ness when he handed me a bag from a jewelry store.  When I opened the standard velvet box, I was happy to discover another wedding band!  I have always wanted a second wedding band.  My first wedding band has diamonds on it, but I am not a huge fan of it.  We bought it because it was on sale and he had spent so much on my engagement ring (which I love!)  This was just a plain, thick band that I wanted.  I was one happy lady.  Something on this inside of the band, caught my eye.  My amazing husband had "Sullivan James" engraved inside!  Oh yes, there was many happy tears shed!  I am so pleased to peaches!  I have a feeling that this may be my best birthday ever!  Year 27, here I come!

CourtneyAnna

P.S.  Notice the new PAIL button!?  I can't believe I was able to install a gadget.  I feel so tech savvy!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday present! Aren't baby laughs the best?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is basically the best sound on earth! Ohmygosh and it was so cute!

      Delete