Thursday, July 7, 2011

Sidewalk Days

Working in the downtown part of my city can kind of be a drag, especially in the summer time.
The streets are alternatingly (if that is a word) one ways, there are summer vacation minded teens that wander around with no care for passing motorists and narrow, cobble bricked streets.  One of the perks though, is Sidewalk Days.  For three short days in July, store owners and food vendors have booths outside and sell everything from clothes, jewelry, accessories and all the fried food my little pregnant heart desires.
On either side of the main drag, there is gyros and chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick.  Let's face it:  If it is covered in chocolate, and on a stick, if has to be delish.
There is car shows and music. Fresh lemonade and giant sales.  It is an all around good time.
On these days, I eat super healthy for the whole day so I don't feel guilty about completely gorging myself at lunch.  Yesterday Lynn, Kris and I went walking in Sidewalk Sales for lunch.  We had a corn dog and cheese curds with a dessert of mini donuts.  It was pretty amazing. 
We did walk about two miles though so that would burn off at least the cheese curds... right? :-)

I also think that Baby K loved the mini donuts!  After my meal of friend goodness, I was sitting at my desk and baby was moving like crazy!  I felt lots of little pokes, kicks and somersaults.  It was pretty awesome.  We are only 11 short days away from finding out the gender and we are so excited!
Have a good day ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment