Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a....

BOY!

A big, healthy baby boy!  I can't believe I was wrong!  I totally thought "girl" the whole time, but I am just as thrilled to hear that we are having a boy!

We had our 20 week scan and appointment yesterday and it was wonderful.  I always have a giant freak out the day before an appointment so Sunday I was kind of a wreck.  I just don't even want to go in and hear that there is something wrong.  Fertiles just will never understand how lucky they are to never have those panicked moments.
We didn't have our normal ultrasound tech, but the lady we had was an acceptable replacement.  We told her ahead of time that we wanted to know the gender and as soon as she put the wand on my belly and I saw the baby move, I cried.  Almost immediately she said, "Are you ready to know?  Baby already flashed me!"  I guess the baby was none to shy to show off his little business.

When she told us he was a boy, Robert even teared up.  He wanted a boy all along and was so excited to learn that we would have a son.

The tech looked at his whole little body and everything is 100% spot on.  His heart, brain, umbilical cord, bones, everything looked great.  He is almost a full pound and growing and measuring just like he should be.
And yes, I am sure you are wondering if we have a name picked out and the answer is yes. ;-)
Here he is, Sullivan James:


Profile of face, tummy and arm. :-)

After they took a good, long peek at Sully ( I  love calling him by his name instead of "The Baby") Dr. S came in and checked up on me.  I am the picture of health!  I have been trying so hard to have the healthiest pregnancy so far, and looks like I am succeeding.  My weight and blood pressure are awesome. I am still suffering from the nausea and vomiting pretty badly. Dr. S said that can be because Mr. Sully is so active and he is rubbing against my stomach, causing it to churn.
The only other downside is I have developed pregnancy carpel tunnel.  Over the last three weeks, I have been waking up in the middle of the night with a pins and needles feeling in my hands.  It almost felt like my hands were asleep.  I was nervous that I was having a circulation issue, but Dr. S said that it is actually carpel tunnel that is brought on by pregnancy.  He told me that it will get worse as the pregnancy goes on, but it should go away after Sullivan is born.  It isn't too bad right now, but if it gets worse, they will give me splints to wear.

Robert was even so excited that we went and registered last night.  I mean, who doesn't love roaming around Target with a scanning gun?  We decided on baby blue, chocolate brown and ivory for the nursery.  I want to keep it simple and chic.

I feel so blessed to be halfway through and to know that Sully is growing so perfectly.  I cannot wait to meet him and snuggle him. This is all so exciting.  I think I am finally going to relax a little and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.  It is a nice feeling.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I keep staring at the pics in disbelief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! I'm totally thinking boy for mine but with my luck I'll get a girl but we wont know til Birth Day so im keeping my fingers crossed. Congrats again i;m so excited

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name. I'm so happy that he is growing well. When the carpal tunnel kicked in for me, I thought it was a circulation issue too (took an extra baby aspirin that day),lol. It sucked but it did get better after Frank was born.

    ReplyDelete